Tabs may be everywhere in future Windows

WMGroomAK
6 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

Another feature inspired by macOS

https://www.apple.com/macos/sierra/ (Right at the bottom)

which first started on Linux based distros -_-

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

While the taskbar grouping in 7 and above already does this job pretty nicely, this would still be a really cool option for office/editor type programs where you can end up with a bunch of windows of the same program but don't need them in separate windows. But really, I can't say I can see me getting much use out of something like this.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

So like tabs in Autodesk CAD? Sounds useful for office applications.

I used to be quite active here.

Nice. I like it. Mac has had this for a while now and so it's nice to see Windows getting it too.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I don't want apple like features, I really just want a hacked version of linux that natively supports windows programs but until I get that windows 7 will stay

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

I don't want apple like features, I really just want a hacked version of linux that natively supports windows programs but until I get that windows 7 will stay

But why? This tabs feature is very useful. I always miss it when I switch from my MBP to my PC

2 minutes ago, TechGod said:

But why? This tabs feature is very useful. I always miss it when I switch from my MBP to my PC

Its a preference feature which is merely excess bloat to me, but more so linux allows you to pick whatever niche features you want, customization is the strong suit of linux and I generally sacrifice form for function

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

Is the taskbar not enough?

Are people really so unorganized that they need tabs inside their tabs?

and I though the taskbar is already capable of app grouping

Just now, zMeul said:

and I already though the taskbar is already capable of app grouping

Yeah it is, and way faster than tabs inside a program because you don't need to change focus to the program to access the tabs for that program.

You can just hover over the icon and it shows all the instances, then click once on the one you want.

Basically a "universal tab bar" for all your programs.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Yeah it is, and way faster than tabs inside a program because you don't need to change focus to the program to access the tabs for that program.

You can just hover over the icon and it shows all the instances, then click once on the one you want.

Basically a "universal tab bar" for all your programs.

No you seriously don't get it. Tabs are more efficient than the taskbar. Just look at a video about macOS with the tab feature. It's extremely useful

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Its a preference feature which is merely excess bloat to me, but more so linux allows you to pick whatever niche features you want, customization is the strong suit of linux and I generally sacrifice form for function

I don't like Linux at all. 

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Aha. So you would be a person who would buy a thicker phone to ensure that it has a large battery rather than a skinny phone that all the hipsters are buying?

Really? I mean, I totally unequivocally believe every word you're saying.

/sarcasm

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Aha. So you would be a person who would buy a thicker phone to ensure that it has a large battery rather than a skinny phone that all the hipsters are buying?

I don't have a smart phone I have a slide phone so the battery lasts up to a week

Great! Glad they're making this. Having many File Explorer windows in one windows with tabs rather than constant hover preview in taskbar is awesome.

Now MS can you make File Explorer have dark theme as well already.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I really hope this feature has an option to be disabled.  I'm right now envisioning their implementation of "snap to border", which drives me completely insane.  Fortunately, that can be turned off, which I always do almost immediately on a fresh install.  If this is optional and not mandatory, then I might be willing to at least try it; but if they make this forced - like the stupid ribbons - then it had better be really well designed (and I'm not holding my breath on that one).

So they finally added this in. You can have tabs in windows, like 10 years ago.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

So, yet another feature that the average budget laptop and desktop won't have the horse power to support. Sounds great. Not saying anything against Windows, but most of my clients who "hate" Windows are rocking a $300 laptop that can't play solitary and watch a YouTube video at the same time. More tabs, more workload, and slower overall performance. Maybe there could be a way to deactivate this automatically on anything that isn't at least a quad-core?

Man, imagine if there had been a feature that does the same thing since windows 3.1 right on your taskbar - now that would have been awkward.

/s

jokes aside, that's just another touch oriented "feature" that is completely superfluous for desktop users. And before someone points at browsers in defense of this, a browser benefits much more from hundreds of instances than photoshop would - it's unlikely that you'll find the need to "open in another tab" very often in steam.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

which first started on Linux based distros -_-

Is it just me or are free desktops leapfrogging everything proprietary at the moment? They may be less stable but in terms of features they're miles ahead.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So, will this be virtual desktops with a project's applications sorted by the users?I wouldn't mind if I could have my desktop with two complete virtual desktops that can be switched from Displayfusion or Windows shortcuts. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I want this for a few very selective programs like Explorer, but for everything else it would drive me insane. 

I really hope they don't mess with how windows work today in any way shape or form. 

8 hours ago, TechGod said:

No you seriously don't get it. Tabs are more efficient than the taskbar. Just look at a video about macOS with the tab feature. It's extremely useful

That's because the OSX "taskbar" is bad compared to windows.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020