Nintendo Switch Not Recognising Earphones

Hi. I bought my switch a week ago and am absolutely loving it and Zelda, however, I have been unable to use earphones. When I put them into the jack, nothing happens. Zilch. It just keeps playing sound through the speakers. Help?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

Try a different pair of headphones?

Already have, and tried both in my phone and they work fine

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

The headphone jack could be defective.  These Jacks have a switch that flips when you push the headphones's plug, is how all systems know you plugged something.

The headphone jack you plug have 3 or 4 segments in the connector?  I had a problem with a cable that had 4 segments when I used it with my phone.

jack-audio-3.5mm-1.png

Mystery is the source of all true science.

I don't have a Switch to try (too expensive in Canada.. waiting for a bundle deal or something), but if what Sors doesn't help, contact Nintendo, they'll take really good care of you. I already experience their service with the Wii, and the service was superb. How superb?

• No outsourced service. They were in US or Canada. (I am in Canada).
  • Shipping is free BOTH directions. Most manufactures don't do this. All you need to figure out is a box and bubble wrapping, as you'll send in only the system itself (not the controllers or cable)
  • When you'll get back the system within 1 to 2 weeks (including shipping time), you'll usually get a replacement system, and your saves transferred (unless the storage system of the console was corrupted, and could not recover anything.. until cloud save comes to the console, at least), and a report sheet on what was done.