2017 Phones to keep an eye on? (Android)

So my Contract with at&t expires around may 5th, and I'm dying to get rid of my Samsung S5 that i had to downgrade to when my HTC One M9's batter dropped to about one hour of casual use before it dies in December.

USA resident, So Dollar pricing and availability :) 

Things I'm looking for

• HEADPHONE JACK The main reason I dont even consider the HTC 11/U/whatever its called now, as I've mainly had HTC phones since 2010 dating back to the inspire (I really like thier metal phones)
  • Good camera, both front and back. The S5 has a SHIT front facing camera but the back is worlds better than my newer M9, but the M9's front cam was at last clear and not grainy or washed out!
  • Storage. I have a 64GB SD card which I'm not going to miss if the phone doesnt have upgradable storage, but in that case at least a 64gb/128 prefered optioned is needed.

Less important

• I used to love the idea of front facing speakers but its no longer a must have.
  • Good amount of Ram, the S5 only has 2GB and bogs down after about 5 apps and i have to kill all apps, though i dont see this as an issue since most have 4+ (some have 8)
  • Price. I make decent money so I'm not worried about spending $700 (it will probably be bundled with a new contract though so it wont be an upfront cost)
  • Network availability. Again I might switch to something like Verizon but it would be good to note if certain phones only worked on certain networks. 
  • Finger print scanners/ face recognition. These are cool but not needs.
  • 1920x1080 is totally fine with me, but its a bonus if it can display 1440p
  • AMOLED? It's definitely brighter than the old screen on the M9 but I could easily do without it if i had to.
  • Wireless charging would be fricking awesome but theyre not all the same from my understanding. I might put more emphasis on it if I had a Dark Base 900 computer tower though :P
  • Battery doesn't need to be extravagantly large. 3500+ would be satisfactory, no less than 3000
  • Would prefer it to be newer, Otherwise I'd proabbly be going with something like the S7 or HTC 10

Phones kinda on my radar

• Samsung s8 (obviously)
  • Google Pixel (I think the 2 is coming out in july and I dont really want to wait that long unless people think its REALLY worth it)
  • Asus (they have like one or two new phones?)
  • LG G6 (again I think thats the new one?)
  • OnePlus3? Or whatever its called, though theyre gonna also release the OnePlus 4(5?)

I know theres a bunch of other smaller names that are releasing phones that I'm just not aware of at this time.

Thank you in advance! Sorry it's kinda long.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

s8 / pixel 2 hits everything you want

asus is midranged iirc

1+3t doesnt fit in the range you're looking for (i assume its the best phone you're looking for, not the best price/performance as you said money is not a problem)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Fairphone2 is coming

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Fairphone2 is coming

Modularity is an interesting concept, but theyre running Android 6.0? Isnt 7.0 out already?

1 hour ago, themctipers said:

s8 / pixel 2 hits everything you want

asus is midranged iirc

1+3t doesnt fit in the range you're looking for (i assume its the best phone you're looking for, not the best price/performance as you said money is not a problem)

I just read the pixel 2 is rumored to come out in Octobor! :( I might have considered it if it was coming out in july, but thats too long of a wait for me. 

I guess its now a question of "Does anything beat the Samsung S8" in terms of the three most important features listed, as well as maybe some of the lesser ones. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm just making sure. ALways want to do my homework, or in this case have you guys who know the answers do it for me! :D

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Modularity is an interesting concept, but theyre running Android 6.0? Isnt 7.0 out already?

I just read the pixel 2 is rumored to come out in Octobor! :( I might have considered it if it was coming out in july, but thats too long of a wait for me. 

I guess its now a question of "Does anything beat the Samsung S8" in terms of the three most important features listed, as well as maybe some of the lesser ones. I'm guessing the answer is no, but I'm just making sure. ALways want to do my homework, or in this case have you guys who know the answers do it for me! :D

S8 is 3000mah and S8+ is 3500mah

the camera on the S8 is the same as the S7 but with better processing, the selfie camera got a upgrade however. 

There's a microsd card slot on the S8 :)

has 4gb of ram IIRC 

should come with CDMA/GSM compatibility (assuming unlocked, the US uses CDMA on Verizon and Sprint for some reason; it's not a thing in any other country so..)

oled display 

has fingerprint reader on the back

has wireless charging 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

28 minutes ago, themctipers said:

S8 is 3000mah and S8+ is 3500mah

the camera on the S8 is the same as the S7 but with better processing, the selfie camera got a upgrade however. 

There's a microsd card slot on the S8 :)

has 4gb of ram IIRC 

should come with CDMA/GSM compatibility (assuming unlocked, the US uses CDMA on Verizon and Sprint for some reason; it's not a thing in any other country so..)

oled display 

has fingerprint reader on the back

has wireless charging 

I've seen a lot of good things about the S7 back camera so this is a good sign. 

4GB should be more than enough, I'm not really a heavy simultaneous app user. 

OLED would be hella sweet, just gotta remember to use the screen dimmer and have it set to turn off. 

It also apparently has an iris scanner too. 

Multiple wireless charging formats!!! Neat. 

This phone comes out in two weeks. hopefully Linus does a review soon, though I doubt it will release before may 5th since the phone doesn't come out for another week. (unless he got an early sample which is totally possible)

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

They will get updated. I have 7 and I see nothing special about it 

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_