NES Classic Edition Has Been Discontinued

VagabondWraith

Wouldn't it be hilarious if all of the "scalpers" our there were really Nintendo employees who bought them all up through backhanded deals with vendors so they could resell them at a steep markup lol.

Then all the people crying about how Nintendo apparently not wanting to make money basically get played because Nintendo discontinued it so their employees could get even more money from them on the resell market...

5 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

They're all licensed from whoever published [insert game] so no. 

No one ever said that they were good pirates. I mean Steve came in wearing a shining suit of armor.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

31 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it." -Publilius Syrus

"A fool and his money are easily parted."

-Dr. John Bridges

Supply and Demand.

It's actually a smarter move by Nintendo, limited release with low supply draws a lot of attention. Just look how much the classic edition has been in the news and I haven't seen any actual advertising for the product. This sets a precedent for similar upcoming products, like an SNES classic edition. People will go crazy and buy them all up thinking that they'll only have a small chance of getting one.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

On 4/15/2017 at 8:23 PM, dexT said:

It wasn't worth the $60 let alone $300. GBA SP would be a better use of money.

Its not bad, you can load every NES game into it now.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

brand awareness is all they wanted. maybe a mini SNES will be incoming

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

27 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Its not bad, you can load every NES game into it now.  

You can on a $10 laptop too. The NES Classic will never be worth buying now though. It could dip under $100 in the future but not for a while.

8 minutes ago, dexT said:

You can on a $10 laptop too. The NES Classic will never be worth buying now though. It could dip under $100 in the future but not for a while.

While you're right, and it won't be worth it now that it's discontinued, the input lag and display lag for some reason is much less in the mini compared to phone or pi or crappy laptop emulation.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just now, Yoinkerman said:

While you're right, and it won't be worth it now that it's discontinued, the input lag and display lag for some reason is much less in the mini compared to phone or pi or crappy laptop emulation.

The only problem I've had emulating older, cartridge based games is the odd case of screen tearing. That was on an ancient MAC.

15 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Supply and Demand.

It's actually a smarter move by Nintendo, limited release with low supply draws a lot of attention. Just look how much the classic edition has been in the news and I haven't seen any actual advertising for the product. This sets a precedent for similar upcoming products, like an SNES classic edition. People will go crazy and buy them all up thinking that they'll only have a small chance of getting one.

If you thought these were hard to get... 

NES was cool and all but it didn't have that many gems like the SNES that stood the test of time. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I wish I got a NES Classic, but hey at least I have the NES Original. I wounder what it is worth.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I'm not going to mention anything about the process of adding to the console, but safe to say it's super easy, and works really well. Battling to find an additional controller though because of shortages where I live. Also looking for the best wireless controllers for it