UPDATE: LAUNCHED OFFICIALLY, REVIEWS ARE OUT. The RX5xx lineup has leaked in its entirety, launching April 18th (Polaris Refresh)

captain cactus

Sauce: https://videocardz.com/68450/amd-radeon-rx-500-series-official-specifications-and-performance-leaked

UPDATED:

The RX500 was launched today by AMD. It's an AIB-only launch, meaning no stock cooler or reference design by AMD (like the 390(X) launch). The reference pictures found on AMD's slides were there just to have something to show on the slides (although I kinda do want that design for a card. It looks very nice).

The reviews can be found all over the place, but here are a few:

Linus's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWqF5fDAZqA

Gamer's Nexus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIpOx8YUXuU

Paul's Hardware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omvmPBSOLtg&feature=youtu.be

Some written reviews:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11278/amd-radeon-rx-580-rx-570-review

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/04/18/amd_radeon_rx_580_powercolor_red_devil_golden_sample

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_580_Nitro_Plus/

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Radeon-RX-580-8GB-Review-Polaris-Populism

Original article:

A new leak confirms Radeon RX 500 series specifications along with a new dual-fan reference design. Four cards are being prepared for launch next week, including RX 580/570/560 and RX 550.

We have the RX580:

AMD-Radeon-RX-580-specs.jpeg

Then the RX570:

Radeon-RX-570-specs.jpeg

The comes the RX560, the full fat P11 chip:

AMD-Radeon-RX-560.jpeg

And finally the RX550, an 8CU/512SP card designed as the entry level card to replace people's iGPUs:

AMD-Radeon-RX-550-specs.jpeg

The entire lineup, with what it seems includes some way better reference designs and no more blower coolers:

AMD-Radeon-RX-500-2.jpeg

So yeah. If you have the previous RX4xx lineup there's pretty much no reason to upgrade. But if you have an older card this is a great time for a RX series card. AMD made good use of the year it had refining their 14 nm process which should result in better overclocks all around the lineup. No pricing yet, but expect them to be pretty much the same as the previous cards (after the launch day price gauging of course).

edit fixed title typo

Ye ole' train

Do you guys this they will also announce Vega SKU's too or will that be farther down the road?

I hope to hear news of Vega at this announcement too.

EDIT:

I also think the RX 550 is new beacuse of the non-gaming people that are planing to get a ryzen system will have a GPU and can deal with everyday tasks and 4k video on the cheap.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Only question is why do they compare them with R9 3xx series? They probably know it's not an upgrade to RX series so they make the numbers look bigger :D 

Sapphire their new chief reference cooler designer? Looks like the nitro cooler xD 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Do you guys this they will also announce Vega SKU's too or will that be farther down the road?

I hope to hear news of Vega at this announcement too.

In this presentation there was a leaked video showing the vega logo, nothing about vega was announced. Which makes me think that its not coming until june. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Would be amazing if they could announce Vega at the same time, but I have little faith there. 

Not sure why I didn't notice the cooler design at first, I like the dual fan design I hope it provides a lot better cooling then the 400's

1 minute ago, MyName13 said:

Will they stop the production of Rx 400 GPUs?

That's like asking what a refresh/rebrand is :D 

Technically no but naming wise, yes as a refresh after all is the manufacturer improving their process and basically provide the same but better refined products. 

It will be like the 290X->390X, higher clock speeds, slightly lower power consumption. 

つ ◕_◕ ༽つVEGA OR RIOT༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Still waiting on Vega.  Right now my R9 390X, while big and hot, and lacking a few secondary features, outperforms or at worst equals an RX 480 and it should be the same for RX 580. o.O

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I also think the RX 550 is new beacuse of the non-gaming people that are planing to get a ryzen system will have a GPU and can deal with everyday tasks and 4k video on the cheap.

Zen APUs? o_O

Very surprised the cooler is open air and not blower. I like it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Still waiting on Vega.  Right now my R9 390X, while big and hot, and lacking a few secondary features, outperforms or at worst equals an RX 480 and it should be the same for RX 580. o.O

Me too :)

I am not in any hurry to upgrade... mostly because I need a job... and by time Vega launches I will hopefully have enough saved up for that + a new monitor to go with it. Though.... I'll need a new desk but I might just build one

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Zen APUs? o_O

that is scheduled for q3 or q4 right, but still AMD wants to have a GPU option for CPU's that do not have a iGPU like ryzen/x99/x299 that is not gaming focused. and that what the RX550 is, it provides enough for every day task with some nice features and 4k video support.

I am exited for the zen APU, so I can rebuild my mineral oil cooled ITX machine (has no room for a GPU).

Just now, The Benjamins said:

that is scheduled for q3 or q4 right, but still AMD wants to have a GPU option for CPU's that do not have a iGPU like ryzen/x99/x299 that is not gaming focused. and that what the RX550 is, it provides enough for every day task with some nice features and 4k video support.

Fair enough :P 

Everyone who uses a GT730/620/740/710 ect. ect and AMD old equivalents can rejoice now! 

On a side note, why would you have X99/X299/Ryzen and not have a higher end Radeon/GFE card or a firepro/quadro? o_O 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

On a side note, why would you have X99/X299/Ryzen and not have a higher end Radeon/GFE card or a firepro/quadro? o_O 

There are workloads that can't leverage a GPU. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Fair enough :P 

Everyone who uses a GT730/620/740/710 ect. ect and AMD old equivalents can rejoice now! 

R3 will not have a GPU and will be a "low" end CPU. and their are workloads that dont need a good GPU but still tax the CPU a lot like VM's.

R3 will not have a GPU and will be a "low" end CPU. and their are workloads that dont need a good GPU but still tax the CPU a lot like VM's.

Why would they not use Xeons/Opterons then? :D 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I have a server running Intel's P67 chipset, that's one of Intel's last 'consumer desktop' chipsets that didn't support IGP, even though the i3 2300 in the board has an IGP.  Since it's a server it has no real need for graphics other than for diagnostics.  There's a passively cooled Radeon HD 5450 in that server for the express purpose of giving it video output for service/diagnostics.

15 minutes ago, AHaskin14 said:

Very surprised the cooler is open air and not blower. I like it.

Looks like a nitro card

Image result for nitro rx 480

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Why would they not use Xeons/Opterons then? :D 

they could, I just didn't list everything. I too don't see a big us for that card, also sometimes OEMs like the put a low end card it and just brand it as RADEON GAMING INSIDE or something. Once the new APU are out they should be some really interesting CPU's they could pack some decent GPU power in them and have 4+ core in them.

they could, I just didn't list everything. I too don't see a big us for that card, also sometimes OEMs like the put a low end card it and just brand it as RADEON GAMING INSIDE or something. Once the new APU are out they should be some really interesting CPU's they could pack some decent GPU power in them and have 4+ core in them.

Hybrid CFX Incoming again? :D 

3 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I have a server running Intel's P67 chipset, that's one of Intel's last 'consumer desktop' chipsets that didn't support IGP, even though the i3 2300 in the board has an IGP.  Since it's a server it has no real need for graphics other than for diagnostics.  There's a passively cooled Radeon HD 5450 in that server for the express purpose of giving it video output for service/diagnostics.

Meh, fair enough I guess. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Looks like a nitro card

You're a bit late ain't ya? :P 

31 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Sapphire their new chief reference cooler designer? Looks like the nitro cooler xD 

Hue hue hue