Easy and quickly reviewing announcements, support request posts or similar

Ethnod

So I was looking over the Floatplane announcement post and had to trawl through 21 pages of posts to find Luke’s posts and I started to think that if we could have a feature that allowed you to filter out only either OP’s, Admins, Mods, post flagged as best answer or any combination of the above it would be great, it would mean that looking through a large thread that was part announcement part feedback from the community you would be able to quickly get updates without having to spend an 30 mins or more looking through 20+ pages of posts from other community members giving feedback.

I know that there is a possibility for people to go to a support thread, read only OP posts and answer a question someone else has already posted but there are not many negative parts to it and yet the benefit could mean making the reading the forum a nicer experience and members may be more willing to get the basic info from a larger thread rather than posting a new thread asking the same question again or simply just not getting themselves informed.

There are other applications for this but this is the best one that comes to mind right now.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

It's an interesting idea, but unfortunately it would be fairly complicated to implement. I have added it to my list of things to think about, but it's a very long list, and I barely have any time to go through it.

HTTP/2 203