Microsoft hints at x86 Phone. Surface Phone Confirmed?

AlTech
26 minutes ago, Daring said:

That's not what I meant 9_9

Windows Phone 7 was a reboot of Windows Mobile

Windows Phone 8.x was a reboot of Windows Phone 7

Windows 10 Mobile was a reboot of Windows Phone 8.x

That just ends up confusing people and makes them wonder when the latest reboot will be abandoned in favor of the next reboot.

oh xD 

Well, I think they're on the final version now.  They'll either keep working on 10, or abandon it permanently.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'd like to reiterate that if you're already liking your iPhone or Android phone, there's simply no reason for you to switch to a Windows Phone. No matter what Microsoft does, it'll either end up in a firesale or to the dumpster. 

Just saying...

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 hours ago, Daring said:

Apps isn't Windows Phone's biggest problem.

It's the excuse people give when they respond to the question of why they don't use Windows Phone.

If that's not the problem then are you proposing that these people are lying?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

It's the excuse people give when they respond to the question of why they don't use Windows Phone.

Apps is a problem too, but Microsoft's lack of a vision for the OS and putting more effort into Android and iOS doesn't help much either.

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Personally?  Apps were the main reason I did move away from Windows Phone 8/8.1.  The reason I lost interest in coming back is my doubts the platform will even remain viable a year down the line.  The last major announcement for mobile devices was last year with HP's brilliant if overpriced X1.  I still get the impression Win10M is a beta at best.  Each year I hear rumors of a 1020 successor, and/or a Lumia device.  Each year it's proven to be delusional fancies that even the hardcore fanatics have given up on by now.

That's ignoring the fact that I got burned badly by both Nokia and TMO when they killed the Lumia 810 less than a year after release. 

Those are the reasons I left, and stayed away from Windows Phone OS.  

tl;dr: Lack of apps made me leave, lack of hardware and future kept me away. 

6 hours ago, Monte_Carlo said:

tl;dr: Lack of apps made me leave,

I'm not gonna respond to this who I initially wanted to because otherwise I will become angry but basically, Apps are not the future.

Watch Tech Altar's video on it. I'm not gonna post it here cos it's been posted millions of times.

lack of hardware and future kept me away. 

If you don't buy hardware running Windows 10 Mobile then less OEMs will make the hardware which means you won't be able to EVER buy the hardware.

Do you understand how stupid this logic is? You're not buying hardware will mean that hardware standards will never meet the standards you have because you're not content with the current standards. 

Oh and by the way, there were a lot of options to choose from. Acer, Alcatel OneTouch, HP, Microsoft and others made decent offerings.

The OneTouch Idol 4S Pro for Windows was better specced then the Android equivalent Idol 4S for a damn good price. The HP Elite X3 isn't aimed at consumers. If you're not a business then you have no general authority to decide whether or not the phone is too expensive. You're not the target market. You're not meant to buy the phone. You don't have to buy the phone. HP wants businesses and the enterprise to buy the phone.

The Elite X3 got sales because it was advertised extremely well. It was advertised better than Microsoft's offerings from 2015. It was advertised better than any other Windows Phone in the first year since its release. It was reviewed by people like Austin Evans who gave it traffic and showed people what it was.

If you're not confident with buying Windows Phone Hardware today then you're likely to never but any Windows Phone hardware. I have a budget Windows Phone which looks like it could be mid range device. Apple users turn their heads when they see me using it because it looks quite premium. It's not a premium phone. It's not the most amazing phone ever. It's certainly a budget phone but the hardware looks good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm not gonna respond to this who I initially wanted to because otherwise I will become angry but basically, Apps are not the future.

Watch Tech Altar's video on it. I'm not gonna post it here cos it's been posted millions of times.

I mean, sure. If you ignore how nobody but Windows Phone users are migrating towards web apps, because they have no other choice in the matter 9_9