CS:GO to get the Source 2 treatment this summer

captain cactus
On 11/04/2017 at 8:06 PM, huilun02 said:

So now CSGO will run at 400+ fps instead of 300+ fps?

Uh... ok 

The funniest part is watching people or r/globaloffensive batching about how unopposed the game is because they're only getting 230 fps instead of 300.

- snip-

11 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

The funniest part is watching people or r/globaloffensive batching about how unopposed the game is because they're only getting 230 fps instead of 300.

Some people call me crazy because I cap it at 140 fps, because I don't need it to go at 3 to 6 hundreds fps... nice community indeed :)

3 hours ago, Thony said:

The whole low tickrate competetive servers is a joke considering what a fucking goldmine CSGO is.

Not really, try playing 128 tick servers with sub 100fps, I did on SEA faceit servers on my (now old) laptop which was only able to push 90fps and it felt like there was a lot of input lag or something :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Not really, try playing 128 tick servers with sub 100fps, I did on SEA faceit servers on my (now old) laptop which was only able to push 90fps and it felt like there was a lot of input lag or something :P 

To be fair, cs go doesn't handle well low framerate independently of server tickrate. You can try it with bots on a powerful machine, like I did. I had to go around 120-160 fps not to feel any input lag, even though I was locked at whatever the fps cap was at, since it would have gone up to 300+ fps otherwise anyway. Surprisingly it was like that even with a 60 fps monitor, and a 144 Hz monitor of a friend of mine.

CSGO fucking needs this update. For one, the UI is horrendously slow for what it is. Two, the game runs... uh, questionably, to say the very least.

Hopefully Valve does this for TF2 but I doubt it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

On 4/11/2017 at 1:55 PM, lots of unexplainable lag said:

sauce: https://pvplive.net/c/csgos-next-operation-and-source-2-engine-release-date

One of their slides said this:

csgosource2andoperations.jpg

Which translates to:

So yeah. After DOTA 2 got Source 2 now CS:GO will get it as well. That just leaves TF2 on Source 1 for the three multiplayer games Valve currently maintains. Unlikely that'll ever see an engine upgrade though.

They should focus on making a anti cheat system instead of source 2...

8 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

CSGO fucking needs this update. For one, the UI is horrendously slow for what it is. Two, the game runs... uh, questionably, to say the very least.

Hopefully Valve does this for TF2 but I doubt it.

At that point, they might as well make TF3. 

TF2 has been struggling ever since Overwatch came along.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

volvo pls fix

-3kliksphilip

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 hours ago, said:

They should focus on making a anti cheat system instead of source 2...

they are working on anti cheat,in future VAC will be retrained using machine learning AI.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/16/counter-strike-global-offensive-bots/

It doesn't make sense for you to say 'instead'. They can work on both.

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

At that point, they might as well make TF3. 

TF2 has been struggling ever since Overwatch came along.

Nah mate, it's been struggling since waaaaaaaaay before that.

Ye ole' train

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, Yasashii said:

I sincerely doubt that it will improve performance...

It's not that bad. It's not going to improve performance, but so far I've seen extremely similar frame rates on source 2. When they screw up, it's usually an issue with a particular map and it's not on account of the engine.

On 4/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, WereCat said:

I though that CS:GO was already on S2.

Source 2 was only recent... and by recent I mean June 2015 with Dota 2 "Reborn" being the first game to come out with it.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

On 4/11/2017 at 2:31 PM, Thony said:

CSGO doesnt need useless Source 2 treatment. It needs 128tickrate servers across the board !

128tick mm is rumoured to be pushed w source 2 update

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

Source 2 for CS:GO... FINALLY!

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I do think overall it fairly optimized, I see it using all of CPU cores, but I have been having problems lately with my setup where I get low frames with middling CPU usage and low GPU usage.

Now only if they can do something about the hackers. I haven't seen so many hackers on casual servers as I have lately. And by hackers I am not meaning, those guys are really good they must be hacking, I mean the guys following guys throw walls and obvious aim hacks.