CS:GO to get the Source 2 treatment this summer

captain cactus
Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

how can you get $$$ from a competetive game like CS? boom skins

don't forget gloves! - that's when I fell off. +15 years playing CS and I made it to see skins for your hands ಠ_ಠ

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

4 hours ago, Thony said:

CSGO doesnt need useless Source 2 treatment. It needs 128tickrate servers across the board !

4 hours ago, cesrai said:

Get Faceit or ESEA if you want 128tick that bad. Better performance comes first and 64tick isn't that bad.

Server tickrate won't help really if netcode is bad, which is not the best though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Well this took though :)
Either way, I wonder how it will feel in the end, as mentioned different physics used and slight movement change. Oh and performance? Will be interesting to see.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Server tickrate won't help really if netcode is bad, which is not the best though.

I saw a few comparisons a while back, doesn't seem like the worst net code either when you compare it to the likes of overwatch apparently.

1 hour ago, Doobeedoo said:

Either way, I wonder how it will feel in the end, as mentioned different physics used and slight movement change. Oh and performance? Will be interesting to see.

I think they didn't intended to implement a full source 2 engine on there, specifically to keep the gameplay somewhat intact.

Performance should improve. It did for Dota 2 back when they implemented it so no reason it won't now.

Besides, isn't source 2 based heavily on Vulkan?

5 hours ago, Yasashii said:

I sincerely doubt that it will improve performance...

It should, actually. Source2 may not even improve graphics but there are extra performance gains to be had like:

- Making the engine utilize all four cores efficiently (currenly hits 0-2 not 0-3 like it should)

- Making the engine utilize a mid-high end GPU efficiently (20% use of a 1070...) 

- etc etc

I'm not kidding, Black Ops 2 for PC can do this and CSGO can't. BO2 pushed both my GPU and CPU to 90+% always, and I was getting 300-400FPS maxed out at 2560x1080. Why can't CS do this, man.. 

idk

Left 4 Dead 3, plox

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Why not 0-7 (or even better, 0-15)? ;)

Fair point - make it like Watch Dogs 2

idk

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

I saw a few comparisons a while back, doesn't seem like the worst net code either when you compare it to the likes of overwatch apparently.

Didn't said it's worst yeah, and comparing it to OW which was the worst and so terrible with 24tickrate not even worth comparing haha.

So will there be much graphical improvement? CS is definitely in need of it, looks seriously dated these days.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

"Source 2 made the game have less bugs and run smoother" said no dota 2 players. Reborn beta still going on boys, its  free game so no bitchin

7 hours ago, MrImnotMLG said:

Let me log into CS:GO with head phones. *Gets ear drums blown out.*

You mean this: 

For optimal experience, set headphones to 100%!

Waiting for L4D2 to get Source 2 or for L4D3 using Source 2.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

8 hours ago, cesrai said:

Get Faceit or ESEA if you want 128tick that bad. Better performance comes first and 64tick isn't that bad.

If you live in a small gaming population land like here in Australia, finding a Faceit game will take more than 10 minutes and ESEA is a ghost town.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

6 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Performance will get a bit better; better multithreading, 64 bit game, modernized codebase, Vulkan API support etc

However Valve will have to be very careful about keeping the movement and physics the same. I guess they will have to somewhat bypass the new realistic phsyics engine in favour of making the game feel more like Source 1. Or else players will revolt. Competitive players do not like change, even old engine quirks and exploits become features.

3 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

So will there be much graphical improvement? CS is definitely in need of it, looks seriously dated these days.

Thing is a new engine for an existing game does not mean graphical improvements. It means that the engine will be in place and the tools will be in place to allow them to start make modern looking maps if they want to.

But at least in the start they will just import the old maps with the same textures, models, other assets etc... So I expect it will look the same except for maybe some subtle lighting, particle effects changes etc. Also Valve knows the CS:GO players would rather have 300fps than fancy graphics. So they will import the existing maps...

18 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Thing is a new engine for an existing game does not mean graphical improvements. It means that the engine will be in place and the tools will be in place to allow them to start make modern looking maps if they want to.

But at least in the start they will just import the old maps with the same textures, models, other assets etc... So I expect it will look the same except for maybe some subtle lighting, particle effects changes etc. Also Valve knows the CS:GO players would rather have 300fps than fancy graphics. So they will import the existing maps...

Damn, the game is pig ugly. It already runs at hundreds of fps, but I guess the sort of people who play it like to boast about their 400+fps numbers.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

6 hours ago, Humbug said:

Performance will get a bit better; better multithreading, 64 bit game, modernized codebase, Vulkan API support etc

However Valve will have to be very careful about keeping the movement and physics the same. I guess they will have to somewhat bypass the new realistic phsyics engine in favour of making the game feel more like Source 1. Or else players will revolt. Competitive players do not like change, even old engine quirks and exploits become features.

Yeah, great they're switching to 64bit client and better multithreading, new API as Vulkan definitely. Can't wait to see how it runs.

Oh yeah they will definitely need to be careful about movement and physics or people will scream :D

17 hours ago, cesrai said:

GMOD is a game. DUST 2 is the most famous map in the history of CS from 1.6 to GO.

Dust 2 was added to CS patch 1.1 :)

I remember playing it when i started on 1.3

17 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

and maybe, just maybe, THEY'LL MAKE THE DAMN MENU MUSIC QUIETER BY DEFAULT.

No, they need to prepare you for "CYKA BLAT!"

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

No, they need to prepare you for "CYKA BLAT!"

Nah fam, they need to prepare you for the Сука ребенок выйти из игры (aka bitch kid get off the game).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

22 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Don't think they will play with the Physics modules.

17 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

If you live in a small gaming population land like here in Australia, finding a Faceit game will take more than 10 minutes and ESEA is a ghost town.

At least it is better than playing with 150 ping :D

20 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

Doubt it.

16 hours ago, Humbug said:

They said in their AMA that Source 2 is how the port CSGO to Source 2 is by modifying modules so I really doubt they well do anything to the movement, but meh they added the R8 and nerfed the awp so I expect everything from them.

9 hours ago, Grinners said:

Dust 2 was added to CS patch 1.1 :)

I remember playing it when i started on 1.3

Was it popular back then ? I remember going into LANs and seeing everyone playing italy and inferno ( CS 1.5 )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

14 minutes ago, cesrai said:

Don't think they will play with the Physics modules.

Yeah they'll probably try to keep it same and consistent.

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 2:16 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

I hope this makes it less CPU bound and maybe, just maybe, THEY'LL MAKE THE DAMN MENU MUSIC QUIETER BY DEFAULT.

Meh. I use autoexec file that blocks that stuff among other things.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Thony said:

CSGO doesnt need useless Source 2 treatment. It needs 128tickrate servers across the board !

Apparently China will get 128 tick server as well... (on another slide of that presentation )

That's kinda ridiculous that they have it but we don't  

3 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Apparently China will get 128 tick server as well... (on another slide of that presentation )

That's kinda ridiculous that they have it but we don't  

They dont say "China number 1" for no reason lol

/j

The whole low tickrate competetive servers is a joke considering what a fucking goldmine CSGO is.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE