AMD Ryzen Master 1.01 Update - Correct Temps for 1800x,1700x,1600x

One person on this forum where i posted my build 

said that he had noticed some longer than usual boot times as well. I went to the MSI site and I do have the MSI live update installed and i havent seen any bios updates be released on live update.

1 minute ago, HUSKER222 said:

said that he had noticed some longer than usual boot times as well. I went to the MSI site and I do have the MSI live update installed and i havent seen any bios updates be released on live update.

Might have to chalk it up to new platform, new tech, at least for now.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

1 minute ago, Thinkfreely said:

Might have to chalk it up to new platform, new tech, at least for now.

ok. I dont know if you have but check out the build if you want and let me know what you think of it. Its definitely alot of firsts for me in that build the liquid cooling and im not familiar very much with AMD. I built 1 AMD 8350 recently for my son and an 8320 for my sister and nephew all 3 went very smooth just like my i7. which i run as a main rig. i posted that one up as well.

1 hour ago, HUSKER222 said:

also ryzen says im running at 2ghz but msi says 3.6. those numbers are all so different.

image1 (6).JPG

image1 (7).JPG

it seems ryzen controls the cpu frequency without telling windows

8 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

So build is technically fine except you spent extra money you didn't need. That psu is definitely overkill. I draw probably 300watts more then you and I don't touch my 1000watt psu. Also that much ram won't do you any good unless your doing serious creation content, 16-32 GB would be more than enough for most content creators/gamers. Only reason to get that motherboard is if you planned on doing sli or serious overclocking otherwise your paying for features you don't need. You could of got a 1080 or 1080 ti with the savings and still had money left over, that 1060 is underpowered compared to the rest of your rig. Far as storage just consolidate. Would of made more sense to get 1 250gb ssd. And 1 1 terabyte hdd. 

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

On 11/04/2017 at 7:07 PM, Thinkfreely said:

So build is technically fine except you spent extra money you didn't need. That psu is definitely overkill. I draw probably 300watts more then you and I don't touch my 1000watt psu. Also that much ram won't do you any good unless your doing serious creation content, 16-32 GB would be more than enough for most content creators/gamers. Only reason to get that motherboard is if you planned on doing sli or serious overclocking otherwise your paying for features you don't need. You could of got a 1080 or 1080 ti with the savings and still had money left over, that 1060 is underpowered compared to the rest of your rig. Far as storage just consolidate. Would of made more sense to get 1 250gb ssd. And 1 1 terabyte hdd. 

Yes i know it is over kill lol. I was going for the overkill mostly for these reasons. I run a plex server. I have alot of simultaneous streams going on locally & remotely. I also use that computer for gaming or when i have my brother over which is quite often and he uses it to game on or when the wife takes my computer over because i have the curve screen to watch a movie on lol. Anyways I wanted to be able to do it all at once. Now I actually ran into some power issues on the last PC i had running plex. I had an 850 wat 80 plus gold corsair psu and it started having issues with al lthe drives and the video card. So the 1500 watts was so i can keep going and not ever worry about power but yeah i know its over kill. I know the ram is over kill as well but if i couldve i wouldve done 128 gb lol just for the fact that it could be maxed out at it.  i just wanted to build a really solid machine.

however i did learn something new (along with a bunch of other things with this ryzen build) 1500W PSU uses a different power cable. FYI i didnt know know that before.

also the SSDs i did the small SSD for the OS because of price it was cheap and only was going to house the OS. the other SSD is just so i can install some games on it (this is not my main rig mostly for plex) my main rig ill post that one up as well for you to look at too and lemme know. that one just minor overkill lol.

3 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

also the SSDs i did the small SSD for the OS because of price it was cheap and only was going to house the OS. the other SSD is just so i can install some games on it (this is not my main rig mostly for plex) my main rig ill post that one up as well for you to look at too and lemme know. that one just minor overkill lol.

Everything on this is much more reasonable minus that titan x :D. Too bad the 1080 TI performs better, but obliviously you bought what you did at the time.

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Everything on this is much more reasonable minus that titan x :D. Too bad the 1080 TI performs better, but obliviously you bought what you did at the time.

So when I got the Titan X the 10 series cards werent out yet. 3 weeks later 10 series gets announced! yeah been kicking myself in the butt for that ever since. and at the time i had a nvidia 760

2 hours ago, silberdrachi said:

With all the updates to the OSs and the firmware of all the hardware i hope tech channels and blogs are planning a 6 month re-test or something to see how much the results have changed. Its one thing ive always found rather strange about testing of GPUs in particular because all the sites will normally test with beta drivers and then rarely if ever go back to update it a month or so later when newer versions of drivers can massively change the performance in some workloads.

I don't think you'll see the same response this go round this is bigger than any major release to date and with everyone jumping on the optimization bandwagon they will have no choice.

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

Well cool, good to know actual readings.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

13 hours ago, HUSKER222 said:

-snip-

Check your BIOS and make sure the motherboard is not doing something crazy on POST, like waiting 30 seconds for the hard drives or checking for LAN Boot before SSD. I've had issues in the past where the secondary eSATA controller was set as the first boot priority and it sat for over 30 seconds as it fired up the empty external connections and checked them for HDD's before moving on to the internal SATA ports and loading up windows.

i installed a 64 bit version of win 10 MBR for UEFI or whatever partition table my buddy is saying that i needed to do GPT and that would fix my boot time issues. does anyone else here agree?

3 hours ago, HUSKER222 said:

i installed a 64 bit version of win 10 MBR for UEFI or whatever partition table my buddy is saying that i needed to do GPT and that would fix my boot time issues. does anyone else here agree?

With other systems I would say do Bios updates only when you absolutely have to. With Ryzen because of the constant fixes I would update it as often as there is a release.

trying to move that EFI Partition but it only allows me to select it but wont allow me to move it to my SSD. I think that has to do with some of my boot times being messed up. i want to move the EFI from disk 2 to disk 0

Desktop 04.13.2017 - 10.24.37.04.png

i also noticed a new bios update but how do i install a new bios? i put the file on an external and booted into flash mode but it couldnt find the media it said.

5 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

i also noticed a new bios update but how do i install a new bios? i put the file on an external and booted into flash mode but it couldnt find the media it said.

your motherboard manufacture should have a guide on their website. try and find that, or give us the model number.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

10 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

MSI x370 gaming titanium board

remember to quote next time so I get a notification. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM.html#down-bios

at the bottom they have a PDF guide and a Video guide try that out.

https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/How_to_flash_the_BIOS.pdf

9 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

remember to quote next time so I get a notification. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-XPOWER-GAMING-TITANIUM.html#down-bios

at the bottom they have a PDF guide and a Video guide try that out.

https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/How_to_flash_the_BIOS.pdf

hmm that guide looks  a little different then mine. when i hit m flash it reboots into flash mode and i did exactly what that said to do by dragging the file and dropping it onto an external drive but it said couldnt find the media

4 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

hmm that guide looks  a little different then mine. when i hit m flash it reboots into flash mode and i did exactly what that said to do by dragging the file and dropping it onto an external drive but it said couldnt find the media

did you extract the bios out of the zip?

Just now, The Benjamins said:

did you extract the bios out of the zip?

yes i just tried to take the file out of the subfolder after it extracted to see if that will help

Just now, HUSKER222 said:

yes i just tried to take the file out of the subfolder after it extracted to see if that will help

ya try that, the txt file is not needed.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

ya try that, the txt file is not needed.

nothing says media not found. could it be because i put it on a passport drive and not a thumb drive?

35 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

MSI x370 gaming titanium board

So it typically you have to rename the file once downloaded for the motherboard bios. For my Asus ROG Crosshair I had to rename the file to CH6.CAP. See what you have to rename it, then in the bios find the usb drive and select the file.

10 minutes ago, HUSKER222 said:

nothing says media not found. could it be because i put it on a passport drive and not a thumb drive?

Try what @Thinkfreely said, it could be the flash drive try another.