Cannot install Ryzen balanced power plan ppkg file for win 10.Error: Provisioning failure -0x800700b7

I've tried to install Ryzen balanced power plan from amd ryzen community update #3 here's the link to that forum https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/04/06/amd-ryzen-community-update-3 but it failed showing the error: provisioning failure,error code: 0x800700b7.Anyone's facing the same issue?

my os- windows 10 pro 64 bit.

cpu-Amd Ryzen 1700x

Same issue here after updated to creator update in windows 10.

new tech is buggy. wait a week or 2 then try reinstall.

plus note some things only like to install if in the safemode of windows due to files being locked to no write mode while in use or loaded into memory.

I'm also getting this error, I was able to run it the first time I got it but nothing in the power plans changed. So I rebooted and tried to run the file again then came the error message.... 

Edit: Found the solution for me, found it in the forums over at AMD

For those having issues follow these steps and see if it works:

1. Unpack with 7zip and open an admin command prompt then change the filepath. Actual .pow file is located in Ryzen_Balanced_Plan\DataAsset\2\Ryzen_Balanced.pow_2a73e\Ryzen_Balanced.pow

2. in the command prompt type "powercfg /import "<fullpath/filename.pow>"

For example, if the Ryzen_Balanced.pow was extracted to C:\ you would type this below and change as needed. powercfg /import "C:\Ryzen_Balanced.pow"

Go to power options and it should show up there.

Untitled.jpg.087e64f5b7f2888df187c98bd8452ddf.jpg

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

On 4/14/2017 at 3:15 PM, hoaxy32 said:

I'm also getting this error, I was able to run it the first time I got it but nothing in the power plans changed. So I rebooted and tried to run the file again then came the error message.... 

Edit: Found the solution for me, found it in the forums over at AMD

For those having issues follow these steps and see if it works:

1. Unpack with 7zip and open an admin command prompt then change the filepath. Actual .pow file is located in Ryzen_Balanced_Plan\DataAsset\2\Ryzen_Balanced.pow_2a73e\Ryzen_Balanced.pow

2. in the command prompt type "powercfg /import "<fullpath/filename.pow>"

For example, if the Ryzen_Balanced.pow was extracted to C:\ you would type this below and change as needed. powercfg /import "C:\Ryzen_Balanced.pow"

Go to power options and it should show up there.

Untitled.jpg.087e64f5b7f2888df187c98bd8452ddf.jpg

Thanks for taking time to reply me.Here's what i am getting in the powershell command prompt.What to do now?

rypow.png

1 hour ago, Girishchan said:

Thanks for taking time to reply me.Here's what i am getting in the powershell command prompt.What to do now?

rypow.png

I've been reading other forums about this and some posts seem to point towards your AntiVirus program having control of the Power Profiles and thus stops any modification like adding or removing profiles. People suggest temporarily removing the AV and reinstalling after. Would make sense because you're already running the import with admin privileges but with no avail. Give it a go and were see from there.

Edit: Seem's Avast is the worst culprit at this as it's very over protective of core windows settings. 

Edited by hoaxy32

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

• 4 months later...

Just in case anyone else is still having trouble getting AMD's power plan installed, here is what worked for me.

I found out why it wasnt installing.  I dont think it was avast, but i disabled it temporarily anyway just to be sure.  I found the installer extracted at "C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Apps\RyzenPPM".

When i tried running it, the installer would error out because for some reason it was looking for drive letter E:\, which was the drive letter of a drive that used to be in my system that failed.  I took it out and am waiting for a replacement to arrive.  So what i did was install a 32gb USB3 pendrive i had lying around and set it as drive E:\.  Tried the installer and it ran fine and installed the Ryzen balanced power plan for me.

Hope this helps anyone else still having this issue.

-Shawn