Remotely Starting/Stopping Servers

Hello LTT community,

I have an odd project I want to do where I can set up temporary game servers (and discord bots), but I have yet to see a software solution to remotely start/stop applications outside of the network without remote desktop.

What I mostly want to do is give trusted people the ability to start/stop applications on my PC remotely without the use of Remote Desktop. 

Does anyone know of any way to do this without Remote Desktop?

Thanks in advance,

LonkFromPA

Well usually you would have a dedicated server always running. You could set them up on timers, but I'm not sure how it remote start it securely. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

You'd need to brush up on your .NET skills but it's possible. I do this already but I use PHP scripts and a web GUI for Linux.

-KuJoe

I was working on one project where I had to do the similar thing. I ended up making a small application which had webserver inside and it was accepting JSON POST commands because there was not anything similar available at the time