Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Majsterek

Desktop frezes

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i heave 2x 1080 conected with 2x 8 pin conector . there are conected to one rail wich provides 2x 8 pin conector . my psu is be quiet Power Zone 1000w . when i stress test my gpu my mouse frezes and somtimes i see my middle screen turn of and on. Can this be becoushe i heave conected 2x 1080 to one power rail as when they where tested seperetly everything was fine .  do i need to conect these cards seperetly i mean to different power rails . where is the problem ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Majsterek said:

So i heave 2x 1080 conected with 2x 8 pin conector . there are conected to one rail wich provides 2x 8 pin conector . my psu is be quiet Power Zone 1000w . when i stress test my gpu my mouse frezes and somtimes i see my middle screen turn of and on. Can this be becoushe i heave conected 2x 1080 to one power rail as when they where tested seperetly everything was fine .  do i need to conect these cards seperetly i mean to different power rails . where is the problem ? 

Try connecting them to different rails and see if it makes a difference. Also make sure you have the official Nvidia drivers and they're up to date. Are your cards OC'd?


X58-X79-X99-X299 lads: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread - Murica (But International) Parrot Gang

 

Big Rig (Archived) - (Current Main) - i7 6950X @ 4.2/3.5 1.24v/1.2v core/uncore - 80C max under P95 load - Custom Loop (CPU only): 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 48GB RAM [4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 + 4x4GB EVGA SSC DDR4] @3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 CR2 - Nvidia FE 2060 Super - 1TB 970 Evo + 250GB 960 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 
 

X79 Rig (Done) - (Alt Rig 1)- i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz - EVGA CLC 280 w/NF-P14s fans - EVGA X79 Dark - 16GBGB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9 XMP - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - MX500 1TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda Compute 2TB - EVGA 1000W G3 w/CableMod PRO Carbon cables - Phanteks P400 (White) - NF-P12

 

X58 Rig (Mostly Done) - (Alt Rig 2) - Xeon X5675 @ 4.4/3.7 core/uncore- NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 4-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 @ 1750Mhz CL9-10-10-27 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - 120GB HyperX SSD - ASUS or Liteon DVD-RW drive, forget which - EVGA 1600W T2 - Corsair 750D - 5x iPPC NF-A14 3000 PWM

 

2019 13" rMBP (i5/8GB/256GB) {work} - 2012 13" MBP (i5/16GB/525GB) {mine} - iPhone 11 Pro Max + Apple Watch S3 42mm - iPod Classic 6G 80GB running Rockbox + iPod Classic 5.5G Enhanced 30GB also on Rockbox - iPhone X - iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3

 

whip and nae nae

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a PSU that would give my GPU's enough AMP's per rail. So make sure your GPU's aren't exceeding that requirement. My GPU's are power hungry cards, 2x8pin+6pin per card. 


Case: Fractal Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass CPU: i7 5930K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified RAM: 48GB DDR4 2666MHz G.Skill GPU: MSi GTX 980 Ti Lightning Edition PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum Drives: 500GB SSD (2x), 960GB SSD, 120GB SSD, 2TB (2x) HDD, 4TB HDD, & 500GB HDD Displays: Acer Predator 27" XB271HU 165Hz G-Sync (1440p) & 2x Dell P2715Q 27" (2160p) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Try connecting them to different rails and see if it makes a difference. Also make sure you have the official Nvidia drivers and they're up to date. Are your cards OC'd?

They are at 2000 Mhz and the other one is at 1995Mhz but i dont think this matter since they both run at the card with lover clock.This is strange as i set to synchronize the settings with the Gigabite OC tool and in heaven bencmark 4.0 they disply different core clock and same memory clock

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Abyssal Radon said:

I had a PSU that would give my GPU's enough AMP's per rail. So make sure your GPU's aren't exceeding that requirement. My GPU's are power hungry cards, 2x8pin+6pin per card. 

so u heave them both conected to one rail on your psu ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Majsterek said:

so u heave them both conected to one rail on your psu ? 

I'm not too sure, I just remember looking up the specs of my old PSU and realizing that the amount of AMP's going out on the PCIE connectors wouldn't feed my GPU's entirely and I would have stupid crashes and hard lock ups. I have a 1000W Corsair 80+ Platinum PSU now that supplies my cards with enough AMP's on the 12V rail. My old PSU was cheap, but looked good on paper, but didn't realize why it was so cheap until I started to have issues and looked into it.


Case: Fractal Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass CPU: i7 5930K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified RAM: 48GB DDR4 2666MHz G.Skill GPU: MSi GTX 980 Ti Lightning Edition PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum Drives: 500GB SSD (2x), 960GB SSD, 120GB SSD, 2TB (2x) HDD, 4TB HDD, & 500GB HDD Displays: Acer Predator 27" XB271HU 165Hz G-Sync (1440p) & 2x Dell P2715Q 27" (2160p) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

fairs . two 980 ti must be very power hungry. i will do as othey user heave sugested to plug them both into seperate power rails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Majsterek said:

fairs . two 980 ti must be very power hungry. i will do as othey user heave sugested to plug them both into seperate power rails. 

I would try anything before replacing any hardware.


Case: Fractal Define R6 USB-C Tempered Glass CPU: i7 5930K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified RAM: 48GB DDR4 2666MHz G.Skill GPU: MSi GTX 980 Ti Lightning Edition PSU: Corsair HX1000i 80+ Platinum Drives: 500GB SSD (2x), 960GB SSD, 120GB SSD, 2TB (2x) HDD, 4TB HDD, & 500GB HDD Displays: Acer Predator 27" XB271HU 165Hz G-Sync (1440p) & 2x Dell P2715Q 27" (2160p) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Abyssal Radon said:

I would try anything before replacing any hardware.

my PSU has 3 rails . the only thing i heave to do i to get one extra cable and plug it to spereate 12 v rail . I pluged them into one for easier cable managment as one cable is easier to manage then two , especially if i conect two i will heave to deal with 4 x 8pin conector  leaving 2 of them with no purpuse 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×