Issue with fast charge on LG V20

iovey

So I recently got an LG V20, and I've had issues with fast charging the phone. I've tested 2 quick chargers, the stock LG one and the stock Samsung one, and both of them charge INCREDIBLY slowly. Android's prediction is about 7-8 hours from 0%. I can usually fix this by restarting the phone, where itll go down to a much more normal charge speed. The phone charges perfectly fine from my computer and my battery bank, which both do normal charge speeds of about 2-ish hours, so I really don't know what's wrong.

UPDATE: Checked Ampere, when its charging slow, its outputting around 60-80 mA, and when it charges fast, its outputting about 900-1000 mA.

It may be an issue with the cable. I couldn't get my LG charger to charge normally on my phone with one USB cable, but it charges just fine with another.

You can also use the app Ampere to see what the phone is trying to do and see if it matches up with what you expect.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

It may be an issue with the cable. I couldn't get my LG charger to charge normally on my phone with one USB cable, but it charges just fine with another.

You can also use the app Ampere to see what the phone is trying to do and see if it matches up with what you expect.

Didn't think to check the cable, but it works fine with non-quickcharge, and after a reset, so I don't think thats it. I'll check out the Ampere app and try and use a different type c cable if I can get my hands on one!