...dual Hawaii XT graphics card

James_AJ

Guys read fisrt please, the image is a dramatization it says 'not a real card' on the picture, and on the bottom of the text it clarifies the card displayed it's photoshop.

It says on the bottom right that it's not a real card.

-snip-

Haha very funny :)

That fan setup doesn't make sense.... 3 blowers fans? Where is the heatsink?

That's not even a real picture.

Read the OP and the disclaimer found in the picture itself. Its a fake picture. A projection made from photoshop of how it could look like.

Thanks for those who actually read the freaking article.

For those who just keep saying it's fake and that the cooler sucks, even though it states that the image is Photoshop in both the image and on the bottom, you don't deserve your eyes if you ain't gon' read.

http://i.imgur.com/nyXCdYX.jpg

Seems even more legit.

to not just you but to everyone who made/showed mild comments/worries about the card's cooling...

a. read the article for real... for the 300th time I am saying this

b. just slap on the Sapphire Toxic cooler.

That's a pretty insane card.

ZoXe7qQ.png

ha.. nice

WHAT! Insane!

I'm very surprised because of how log it took AMD to build the 7990...

inb4 790.

This just in, the R9-290X2's cooler has been photographed:

Tornado.jpg

With its 150 mph (240 kph) wind speeds and massive upwards air displacement, this brand new cooler inspired by nature at its most ferocious shall enable us to cool even the hottest of graphics cards to acceptable temperatures by quickly drawing the hot air away from the graphics card. Available April through October, the Tornado cooler shall become the new benchmark for the cooling of components.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The power required to run this card 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and you'll need to keep the card in the freezer when running. lol. But in all seriousness, it'll probably be a cut down chip, if its truly coming out. I'll be interested to see how Nvidia responds, of course, but if AMD gets the first of the new chips out in this config it'll be a great move. Hopefully AMD does take their time and get the cooling right this time, or I could see a few burns in the future.

Lol if that card that was real it would be really loud lol. This would be great for 4K gaming and multiple monitor configurations. Hope Asus ROG will make a really beast card out of this card with their custom cooling. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I bet it would be one hell of a card when water cooled. That or have a hellish fire come out of it.

It could end up with a 7990 Ares style AIO liquid system which should be able to keep it with full speed cores. That and if they cherry pick the coolest 290X chips to go on it then we could have a single card that would destroy the 780ti in terms of performance without melting itself and the case. Still at least a few months away although we may see some hints at CES.

Now you are cooking with AMD, ill just hook this up to my wall radiator (that's how my house is heated, a boiler warms water that is transferred to radiators in every room). BBQ in the summer then.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Now you are cooking with AMD, ill just hook this up to my wall radiator (that's how my house is heated, a boiler warms water that is transferred to radiators in every room). BBQ in the summer then.

it's true O.o you could turn your entire house into a watercooling loop based on this GPU

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

at the recent mantle conference they said they re working on making 1 to 8(not 4) gpus work like one. so it could mean you could use 4 of the volcanoes in the same system...

but you d need 2 psus plugged into 2 different circuits in your house.

1 room only gets 15amps, that s about only 1800w...

and watercooling would be a must with about a car radiator for each card... not rly but like a 360mm rad each...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

• 2 weeks later...

GET READY FOR THE LAVAAAAAAAAAAA

SO HOT, IT WILL ABOLISH HEATING BILLS FOREVAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Still, this is awesome. Unless NVIDIA pulls a 790 Ti out of their asses, they're creamed.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I want it

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715