NVME m.2

idenline

hi , i am thinking on purchasing Asus Z270-A motherboard , it has 2 m.2 sockets on it , i want to install 2 Samsung 960 EVO NVME m.2 on it , but im not sure if it will work , on the manual it says tha 1 socked is dedicated for m.2 (SATA and PCIE) and the other one for PCIE only , im confused as i dont know much about the difference between m.2 drives, also im planing to put an i5 6600k processor on it and GTX 1070. any help would be apreciated

Yes, it should work. NVMe drives are usually PCIe. Just remember to NEVER use the "raid" feature that is on your motherboard. It's just software, and it is pretty bad anyway.

My native language is C++

3 hours ago, tt2468 said:

Yes, it should work. NVMe drives are usually PCIe. Just remember to NEVER use the "raid" feature that is on your motherboard. It's just software, and it is pretty bad anyway.

well i wasnt planing to , not to familiar on how to set it up even if it gives more speed but i thing the single m.2 will provide enough , also any idea on the software instalation on a nvme m.2 ? do i need to set up something from bios in order to be able to install a fresh clean windows 10 and boot it from it ? and would a usb stick be good to boot win from ? or cd ?