Laptop display issue ( very urgent !!! )

ChanceTheRapper

I got a gl502vy laptop with gtx 980m and i have been using it for more than 5 months but something very bad happened last night while i was playing CS GO .

So i was playing CS GO the game crashed , laptop freezed and red lines started to appear accross the screen . I restarded the laptop and everything worked fine until i started to play CS GO again and the game crashed and laptop freezed again and red lines appeared too and now i cant get rid of them ;((((( . I uninstalled the windows and they are still there , the red lines are not there when im in BIOS or startup 

I need help guys , bellow its a pic of those red lines 

1491678392248.jpg

1 minute ago, Julian2000nl said:

Looks like some GPU issue, sometimes reinstalling OS and/or AMD/Nvidia drivers would work. If that doesn't fix it's most likely a hardware issue.

didnt work , i cant even install the drivers anymore , when i install the graphichs driver it gets stuck in a grey screen ;(

Might be your GPU giving up the ghost sadly.

Try reinstalling drivers if you haven't already

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

i cant install them , while that progress bar goes further the screen changes its resolution ( thats normal ) but for me i get stuck into a grey screen and i have to restart the laptop and the drivers are not installed

Do print screen. Copy to MSpaint, save and look at it from another computer.

Still see the same lines on another computer = bad video card

Do not see the same lines = bad screen

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

when i take a screenschot of the screen with lightshoot tool there is no red lines ;(

Just now, NumLock21 said:

there is no red lines , but i cant install the damn drivers ;( i get stuck in a damn grey screen and i tried with iobit driver and i get the same thing

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

1 minute ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

when i take a screenschot of the screen with lightshoot tool there is no red lines ;(

Yeah, sounds like a bad GPU

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

Yeah, sounds like a bad GPU

it worked for 5 months :/

forgot to mention that when i play a video on youtube i dont see those red lines anymore

2 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

forgot to mention that when i play a video on youtube i dont see those red lines anymore

I'd RMA it

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Just now, ChanceTheRapper said:

huh ?

If you have warranty left, get a replacement one or let them fix it. Things like that, especially if it is the GPU may dissappear but it is almost certain that they will come back again at some point and then you're out of luck. And warranty. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

If you have onboard graphics you could try switching to those, it wont solve the issue but it would be pretty obvious to be a dead GPU (though it sounds like it anyway)

RMA = return it to the manufacturer / retailer they may beable to fix or replace

Boot into safe mode and completely remove the drivers using ddu. Then reboot into normal mode and try installing the GPU drivers from the manufacturer support website.

Just now, Drenkai said:

Boot into safe mode and completely remove the drivers using ddu. Then reboot into normal mode and try installing the GPU drivers from the manufacturer support website.

good idea

8 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

there is no red lines , but i cant install the damn drivers ;( i get stuck in a damn grey screen and i tried with iobit driver and i get the same thing

Then send it back to the manufacture. Most will have a 1 year warranty.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

7 minutes ago, Drenkai said:

didnt work ;(

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Then send it back to the manufacture. Most will have a 1 year warranty.

Im from Europe and i bought it from Amazon.USA ;(

Im from Europe and i bought it from Amazon.USA ;(

Amazon is not the laptop manufacture.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

2 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Amazon is not the laptop manufacture.

they brought me the laptop straight from USA and im from Romania and it would cost me more than the laptop's price to send it back ;(

they brought me the laptop straight from USA and im from Romania and it would cost me more than the laptop's price to send it back ;(

You don't sent it back to Amazon USA. What you will do is contact your laptop maker and talk to them to see what they can do for you.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

You don't sent it back to Amazon USA. What you will do is contact your laptop maker and talk to them to see what they can do for you.

Asus