Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IAR117

Is 24 inches too small for 1440p?

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, IceCold008 said:

Thats not the whole picture your getting there. Dont go off PPI alone.Yes if your comparing stats alone the 24inch would be better. But it dont work like that. 

For starters you will not see the difference between a 24inch 1440p monitor over a 27inch 1440p monitor in terms of extra graphics clarity. But i can tell you since your gaming on a 24inch monitor. You will notice the difference in gaming on a 27inch monitor over a 24inch. You get more emerged into the game more. Its all about having fun right. 

If you pick a 24inch1440p monitor. Yes you will notice the extra graphics clarity over 1080p but it will just feel the same. Now do that again with a 27inch monitor. Again you will notice the graphics clarity over 1080p but this time you will feel alot more emerged into the game. I cant really explain it. Its like VR stick your head into the headset and its wow you get fully emerged into the environment. Your not going to get that much with 24inch BECUASE your playing on a 24inch atm. No Difference. 

My only experience with PC gaming is on a 15.6 inch screen, so 24 inches should be alright. Also as I've mentioned countless times, I CANNOT have a 27 inch monitor, I will have to do with the 24 inch one. But thanks for your advice, when buying another desk, I'll try and get it to be more monitor friendly.

4 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

My only experience with PC gaming is on a 15.6 inch screen, so 24 inches should be alright. Also as I've mentioned countless times, I CANNOT have a 27 inch monitor, I will have to do with the 24 inch one. But thanks for your advice, when buying another desk, I'll try and get it to be more monitor friendly.

Oh since your gaming on a 15.6 inch screen.Then it will be a wow factor for you on a 24inch. I thought you was allready on a 24inch monitor.  Go for it then. You will love it. 

I will add my opinion in unison with everyone else who said 24 inches is fine. Depending on your preferences and how far you will be from the monitor of course. I work on a 13 inch laptop or a 17 inch laptop most of the time though, so to me 24 inches is huge. Haha.

I asked that myself too 2 months ago.

But nope, it's not. it's perfectly fine (maybe not if you sit 70-80cm away or even more) but usually it's fine. If not, use windows 10 scaling ;)

I use 100% scaling, and i can read everything. And the additional space is so awesome, everything on my 1080p 24" Monitor besides it (2nd screen now) looks sooo big :D

I wish, my old monitor were 1440p too, so i could have more apps open at the same time (and visible of course).

I read 'is 24 inches to small for' and then my pervy mind thought "for a penis?'

My PC: 

CPU: Intel i5-6600K @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard: EVGA Z170 FTW RAM: 2x8GB Corsair LPX GPU 1: EVGA GTX 1060 FTW GPU 2: MSI R9 270X HAWK Case: NZXT H440 Blue Storage: 120GB PNY, 1TB Hitachi Monitor: Asus VC279 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (MX Brown) Mouse: Logitech G602

Guest PC: 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Motherboard: Some shit Gigabyte board RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares 2133Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 570 DoubleShot Case: Idk. Some cheap case Storage: 250GB HDD Monitor: Some NEC thing Keyboard: Logitech G105 Mouse: Some Microsoft mouse

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I read 'is 24 inches to small for' and then my pervy mind thought "for a penis?'

Yeh, I was worried, it didn't look right xD