Guidance - Built in desk pc

Hi, i'm new around here and i couldn't find any information concerning what i'm looking for around the web - which is very surprising.

being a long time sub to the youtube channle i thought i'd try here =]

I'm planning on making a DIY desk PC, i have my basic layout planned out and i'm gonna start building it as soon and i get all the materials since i need some measurements.

i've got a few questions and would like all the help i can

specs:

Intel Core i5 4670 Haswell 3.4Ghz 6MB L3 Cache s1150

Scythe Katana 4 CPU Cooler

Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA1150, Intel Z87, DDR3 1600

G.Skill 2x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Gigabyte GTX780 3GB GDDR5 DX11

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Sata III

SeaSonic 650W Active

CoolerMaster N500 Mid Tower ATX

as you can see by this spec my pc is a few years old and i will probably upgrade some parts like the GPU and CPU.

basicly my PSU died last week and before getting it changed i figrued i need to know which PSU i'm going to need to support this build.

This is going to be my first project of this kind and i have absolutly no idea what i should take into count.

i'd want to build liquid cooling into it - even though my system does not need it and was wodering which parts i can salvage from my pervious desktop pc and which parts i would need to buy.

according to my plan i'm going to need:

2 fans for sucking air into the system

i'm probably going to upgrade the motherboard and maybe the CPU itself.

i'm probably going to change the GPU to a 1070

1 res for the cooling liquid

1 pump and an radiator

i wouldnt recommend water cooling the 780 unless you get a 1070. its a lot of money and a pain in the ass. Cpu cooling shouldnt be too difficult to change up if needed.and a modular power supply is gonna make the build easier and neater. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Will do, i probably will upgrade the GPU to a 1070\1080 and i will make room for it in the current build aswell.

Anything else i should pay attention to? should i get a higher W PSU already or will getting a too powerfull PSU dmg my computer?