Temporal Snow -Ryzen Refresh - Complete 15/07/17

21 minutes ago, Ripster27 said:

The new cables are looking crisp ?

Hi ye, he did a great job on these, they are a slightly different colour to my GPU cables so ordered a set of those as well. 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Acrylic painted and ATX Cable hole cut. Just got to cut the hole out for the LCD tomorrow along with the holes for the GPU cables and Sata

MkRv5mw.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Yesterday was a honking day of cutting and filing Acrylic! I spent a good 5 - 6 hours cutting the cable management holes and the hole for the screen. I initially wanted to position the screen horizontally but it was way too close to the 24 pin ATX cable hole and I didn't wanna make a weak point there in the acrylic so I figured I would just go with a portrait orientation will need a whole new sensor panel design in AIDA 64 ....

So the cables are in:

35Jsa79.jpg

and so is the screen

YTcP5OH.jpg

CkdgcV4.jpg

The acrylic cracked doing the last hole for the GPU cables which flashed me right up until I realised you wouldn't see it once the radiator and everything is installed

Ryzen Ram Guide

Had a good day today, the block arrived and I received some advice from SNEF on how to improve my pictures! As well as the block I also did some more painting, I started with the PCI brackets which were previously black:

3t4xeTl.jpg

I spent an absolute load of time painting the fittings, they aren't ready yet and I have a late day at work tomorrow, so will probably be Wednesday or friday before I can get this complete. I started by painting the "Aorus" logo which comes with the mono block as black, obviously this was no good. I've also thrown in an almost finished rotary coupling:

e2QnJHa.jpg

bX1OzjV.jpg

I then figured I should paint the GPU block link connector:

q6CkinL.jpg

Cables in

QDBqgnk.jpg?1

Getting there! 

4KbuC0S.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

Over the last couple of days I did a LOT of painting, namely the rotary fittings. This gave me some time to think about the mono block + vinyl situation. I initially decided to not do it as it would be difficult to see the "Aorus" logo on a white background. I figured I could over come this simply putting a piece of blue card behind the logo:

du1Y92T.jpg

and some now white fittings!

72NUzJE.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

Right everything is painted and I have spent the last 24 hours or so leak checking and bleeding. It aint finished yet, there's a stubborn bubble in the Monoblock, but elsewhere is all good.

So time for the glamour shots I guess! 

qpP0xLj.jpg?1

CwWgttb.jpg

oFmIA7Q.jpg

d9HBnQO.jpg

8dBsGUB.jpg

7JUDuF4.jpg

nVdiooZ.jpg

awmkoIt.jpg

mIYXFv5.jpg

LIU5OYc.jpg

Thanks for viewing all - I guess I will have more ideas for this in the future!

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 7 months later...

Been having a few issues with GPU temps - not high as such, but not as low as I would like for the amount of rad space I have. Theres been some new tube routing made and I also have a new D5 pump and Alphacool Light Tower on it's way, Should look great once it's in and hopefully increase the flow in the loop!

Ryzen Ram Guide

• 3 weeks later...

New pump installed and new layout complete. Needs some final touches (pump wiring!) and some final pictures, but heres a small update (wasn't worth a new log!)

ZMeqmOL.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide