Blue Yeti Microphone help needed

puny_santa

So I have a Blue Yeti which I bought while ago haven't been using it much so I thought maybe it is time to use it so I went ahead and bought a Rode PSA1 arm as well as a generic pop filter while also getting a Radius shockmount for free from an old friend now that shock mount is the old version which has the issue where it slowly falls down now that is not my only issue, the hole under my yeti also is too large for it to screw to the middle of the shock mount and I got no clue what to do. Do I order the Radius II ? or will the shock mount screw in the middle would still be too small for my yeti microphone hold on the mic, anyone got some help to deal with this?

Spoiler

s0sbIKq.jpg

The falling down issue is because the Yeti weighs like 9000 fucking tonnes, the hole size issue can be fixed with an adapter.

Source : Yeti owner and Yeti-hating enthusiast

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Just now, Goldensapling said:

The falling down issue is because the Yeti weighs like 9000 fucking tonnes, the hole size issue can be fixed with an adapter.

Source : Yeti owner and Yeti-hating enthusiast

Is that falling down issue fixed on the Radius II as they claim? As well as an adapter for the bottom of my yeti you mean?

Just now, puny_santa said:

Is that falling down issue fixed on the Radius II as they claim? As well as an adapter for the bottom of my yeti you mean?

I can't speak for that arm, but if my $10 Newer arm can be tightened to hold the Yeti I'm sure it is fixed.

As for the adapter, I can't see your picture (school proxy) but I'm assuming you mean the threads? They make plastic thread adapters for the Yeti so it fits other stuff.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

1 minute ago, Goldensapling said:

I can't speak for that arm, but if my $10 Newer arm can be tightened to hold the Yeti I'm sure it is fixed.

As for the adapter, I can't see your picture (school proxy) but I'm assuming you mean the threads? They make plastic thread adapters for the Yeti so it fits other stuff.

The connecting the mount to the Rode arm with the adapter they provide is fairly easy but I am talking about the Radius II they say they fixed the part where u screw that bolt on the side of the mount to tighten it so it doesnt fall as well as the mic where it sits in the middle that area it doesnt fit for my bottom of my mic for some reason it just falls out if i flip it

7 minutes ago, puny_santa said:

The connecting the mount to the Rode arm with the adapter they provide is fairly easy but I am talking about the Radius II they say they fixed the part where u screw that bolt on the side of the mount to tighten it so it doesnt fall as well as the mic where it sits in the middle that area it doesnt fit for my bottom of my mic for some reason it just falls out if i flip it

That was an older issue with the original shock mounts. The new ones have better screw tolerances so they fit better

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

That was an older issue with the original shock mounts. The new ones have better screw tolerances so they fit better

Even the middle part that connects to the yeti bottom? :o If thats the case I will buy a Radius II right now or maybe contact the support to replace the one I have x)

The one that i linked is the one I have. I swear I Had pictures of it hanging upside down but I cant find them. Oh well.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25