UppercaseOne

Tips on Best DPI for FPS-Like Games

if you play games like Overwatch (or any game with shooting range) , go to the range and try to run around targets and keep crosshairs on the middle of the targets (or lenses in overwatch) and the one in you feel most comfortable is the sensitivity you should start playing with.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have recently received my Razer Mamba TE Wired mouse and love vast amount of customizable options, but there's one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around: DPI. I've tinkered with the settings and found a good neutral spot for browsing, but as I start to get into more competitive gaming I can't seem to find a sweet-spot for games like FPS's. Are there any tips or set presets that I should try that you have? 

I have the same question in a way, 

I've never understood the point of dpi if it just makes your mouse more sensitive. You can increase sensitivity in game? 

I personally use the Corsair M65 at 1500DPI on pretty much everything 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cryorig A40 | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 MicroATX | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Red & Black

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

"So advertised, the Pad-Zilla is extremely big... they actually apparently have even bigger sizes coming!" - Linus, 1 Feb 2016

Just set the DPI to 800 or something, or keep the DPI you like using the desktop at, then configure it in game so that you can make a 360 and a bit more without drifting off your mouse mat.

There are minor benifits to have a higher DPI unlike what some people claim, although it's probably not worth the effort

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

The Mamba TE's sensor sucks for everything really

The sensor has acceleration built in, so it will feel very different and strange in FPS games every time you play.

It's a fucking horrible mouse for FPS and gaming.. 

If I helped, hit the thumbs up icon below my post and pick it as 'Best Answer'

Quick Links: i used to have shit here but the mods removed half of it lol

Mouse enthusiast. eGPU guy. Resident EliteBook fetishist.  My specs and shit down below.

Spoiler

Apollo: i5 4670K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, MSI Z87I, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3, Corsair 250D, 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, SeaSonic 520W PSU. Planned upgrades: 16GB RAM, 480/512GB SSD, new HDD

Sputnik: HP EliteBook 2570p, i5-3360M, 16GB DDR3, 256GB 840 EVO - Running Win10/Sierra dual-boot.  Future upgrades: i7-quad

Comet (home server): Atom D2500, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, 2 x 320GB HDDs, 350W PSU, HAF-Stacker ITX, dual GbE. Cost me $80. back from the dead (mobo failure) bois

Spoiler

Main peripherals

- Corsair Strafe RGB MX Reds

- SteelSeries Siberia 650

- SteelSeries QcK+ CS:GO Camo 

- SteelSeries QcK+ Na'Vi Splash (Secondary pad, used for second rig)

- SteelSeries Rival 700

- SteelSeries Rival 300 (Secondary mouse, used for second rig)

NO ONE SLEEPS IN TOKYO, ALL RIGHT CROSSING THE LINE, NO ONE QUIT THE RADIO, TOKYO IS ON FIRE! 

Its all subjective just find the most comfortable settings for your hands and make sure the mouse sensor is accurate.

Normally i dont trust Razer mouse but death adder is an exception. i dont know about mamba te though.

Me i always use 800 Dpi using G402 with no acceleration thanks to the sensor.

But sometimes in some games even if i use 800 Dpi as usual i still experience some problem and i fix it by adjusting the in game sensitivity settings.

PC " ONE-SYSTEM-TO-RULE-THEM-ALL "

Asian Horror Movies That You Must Watch

~Guide To Flash Your Phone

Got any question about Flashing,Custom roms,Custom Recovery,Repairing imei,Rooting,Unlocking bootloader,etc Feel Free to ask.

" If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility " -Henry LongFellow

Specs : 

Spoiler

| i5 6600k | Msi Z170a Pro Gaming | 12Gb Avexir Core Blue 3100Mhz | Amd Asus Strix Rx 480 8Gb Oced [1410Mhz] | Antec Edge 550W | NZXT H440 Red/Black | Be Quiet Pure Rock | 120Gb OCZ Trion+4Tb WD Blue | LG 22MP68VQ-P | Logitech G402+Cheap Mech Keyboard | Windows 10 x64 | HyperX Cloud +Fiio E10K:ph34r:|

Second PC

| Core 2 Duo E8500 | Crap Oem Mobo | 2GB Of Crap Memory | Nvidia GT 6600 | Crap Oem Psu | Crap Oem Case | Crap Oem Cooler | 64Gb Ocz Turbo | Crap 5:3 monitor | Crap HP Mouse & Membrane Keyboard | Windows 10 x64 | Sennheiser HD 558+Fiio E10K |

Posted · Best Answer

if you play games like Overwatch (or any game with shooting range) , go to the range and try to run around targets and keep crosshairs on the middle of the targets (or lenses in overwatch) and the one in you feel most comfortable is the sensitivity you should start playing with.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

IMO 400.

kind of just autocorrected it in my mind and went with it."

i7-8700K @5.1Ghz  | GTX1080Ti @2025MHz | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift | Dell 27" 4K 144Hz 1ms TN 

Planned upgrade to i7-8800K (8C16T), Z390i, GTX2080Ti SLI

Acoustics | 37db. (idle) | 48db. (peak)                                                                                                                                                                                                          37db. (idle) | 48db. (peak) | Acoustics

Power 120W (idle) 426W (peak) (Total system draw)                                                                                                                                                             120W (idle) 426W (peak) (Total system draw) Power

Thermals | 32C (GPU) 38 (CPU) (idle) | 65C (GPU) 84C (CPU) (peak)                                                                                                                   32C (GPU) 38 (CPU) (idle) | 65C (GPU) 84C (CPU) (peak) Thermals

i7-7820HQ @4.1Ghz  | RX560 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 2133MHz MacBook 2017 15" Touchbar | 2TB  PCIe SSD 961 Pro | 15.4" 2800x1800 500nits

iPhone X 256GB Space Grey iWatch S3 Cellular 42mm AirPods silicone case IPX 

see me defend Apple occasionally. This is not because I am an Apple Fanboy; in fact, I really don't like the direction they are going with their desktops and laptops. in addition, I agree that Apple products are overpriced, some extremely (I'm looking at you Apple pencil and air pods). Also as can see from my specs, when I finally had the money to buy a computer, I chose a PC, and I have few regrets regarding this decision. However, I still prefer the UI of OSX and iOS (and especially the fact that OSX is based off of Unix), but I can see why others prefer Windows. In other words, I'm not one of the people who go, it's a mac, it sucks, but rather someone who looks more objectively at Apple as a company and is able to see the benefits of their system.

Playlists | Spotify SoundCloud | youtube music |                                                                                                                                                                                $500 | $600 | $700 | $800 | $900| $1000 | $1200 

|Here’s to the ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. They have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.  life gets fucked up, that's why we get fucked up.

PC Build Log | PSU Tier List | PC Guide | Reviews |                                                                                                                                                                           Facebook | Instagram | SnapChat Twitch | Steam

i7-8700K @5.1Ghz  | GTX1080Ti @2025MHz | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift | Dell 27" 4K 144Hz 1ms TN 

|Here’s to the ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. They have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.  life gets fucked 

rankdpi

In most FPS's, better players tend to use lower sensitivities. CS:GO is a special case since there's a lot of sensitivity adjustment going on inside the game itself too, but the trend is fairly obvious.

I'd normally recommend 400, but the Mamba's high weight and laser sensor mean it isn't ideal for low-sensitivity FPS play. The Deathadder is a much better mouse for that sort of thing. 

8 hours ago, UppercaseOne said:

I have recently received my Razer Mamba TE Wired mouse and love vast amount of customizable options, but there's one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around: DPI. I've tinkered with the settings and found a good neutral spot for browsing, but as I start to get into more competitive gaming I can't seem to find a sweet-spot for games like FPS's. Are there any tips or set presets that I should try that you have? 

Depends on your surface, set it to the highest possible cpi step without noticeable jitter to counteract PTE's CPI damping.

The sensor has acceleration built in, so it will feel very different and strange in FPS games every time you play.

It's a fucking horrible mouse for FPS and gaming.. 

It doesnt as it is using PTE, it however has the aforementioned CPI damping, which unfortunately isnt adjustable on Razer mice. Also depends on the surface how well PTE does.

1000dpi, i use my old mousemat for refernce, it was about 32cm long and i use a sense ingame that makes me spin just under one revolution ingame in that distance with 1000dpi mouse

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The LAN PC 5.0

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

57 minutes ago, woll3 said:

Depends on your surface, set it to the highest possible cpi step without noticeable jitter to counteract PTE's CPI damping.

It doesnt as it is using PTE, it however has the aforementioned CPI damping, which unfortunately isnt adjustable on Razer mice. Also depends on the surface how well PTE does.

Sorry, got it confused with A9500/9800. 

Still a mediocre sensor, z-bug and cloth pad (graphics and a non-black or white surface make it skip) issues make it unusable (I'm not going back to hard pads) yet Razer still pushes it in their mice.. 

If I helped, hit the thumbs up icon below my post and pick it as 'Best Answer'

Quick Links: i used to have shit here but the mods removed half of it lol

Mouse enthusiast. eGPU guy. Resident EliteBook fetishist.  My specs and shit down below.

Spoiler

Apollo: i5 4670K @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H100i, MSI Z87I, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3, Corsair 250D, 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, SeaSonic 520W PSU. Planned upgrades: 16GB RAM, 480/512GB SSD, new HDD

Sputnik: HP EliteBook 2570p, i5-3360M, 16GB DDR3, 256GB 840 EVO - Running Win10/Sierra dual-boot.  Future upgrades: i7-quad

Comet (home server): Atom D2500, 4GB 1066Mhz RAM, 2 x 320GB HDDs, 350W PSU, HAF-Stacker ITX, dual GbE. Cost me $80. back from the dead (mobo failure) bois

Spoiler

Main peripherals

- Corsair Strafe RGB MX Reds

- SteelSeries Siberia 650

- SteelSeries QcK+ CS:GO Camo 

- SteelSeries QcK+ Na'Vi Splash (Secondary pad, used for second rig)

- SteelSeries Rival 700

- SteelSeries Rival 300 (Secondary mouse, used for second rig)

NO ONE SLEEPS IN TOKYO, ALL RIGHT CROSSING THE LINE, NO ONE QUIT THE RADIO, TOKYO IS ON FIRE!