Which RX 470 TO BUY

ArkTheYO
Go to solution Solved by XenosTech,
1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

If you can afford it go for it, this would be better than that blower style card or the gigabyte one.

I heard the Gigabyte cooler design wasn't great, I don't know too much about the Sapphire cooler though. In the past they had great coolers though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Sapphire. Gigabyte is garbage for AMD cards.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

@ivan134 Hey thanks for the reply first of all but on seeing the specs i see how the base clock of gigabyte's card is more than that of sapphire's and on top of it its memory frequency too. (P.S. : i am not into overclocking so i have no information regarding sapphire's oc ability)

2 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@ivan134 Hey thanks for the reply first of all but on seeing the specs i see how the base clock of gigabyte's card is more than that of sapphire's and on top of it its memory frequency too. (P.S. : i am not into overclocking so i have no information regarding sapphire's oc ability)

Sapphire is the better buy... Might have a lower base clock out of the box but it wont thermal throttle as bad as the gigabyte one

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

Sapphire is the better buy... Might have a lower base clock out of the box but it wont thermal throttle as bad as the gigabyte one

Hey thanks, but what about the memory frequency is that an issue, and what effects does it have in total,i.e., is having higher memeory frequency really benefit!

Hey thanks, but what about the memory frequency is that an issue, and what effects does it have in total,i.e., is having higher memeory frequency really benefit!

Not really... 1-2 fps maybe but it's nothing major but you can do all of that with the sapphire card and still have better thermals than the gigabyte. I used to own a Rx 470 and @ivan134 can verify that (bless that unicorn of a chip I got)  but in terms of cards to buy Asus & XFX > MSI > Sapphire > (Insert any other brands I forgot here) > Gigabyte

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

6 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

@XenosTech hey mahn plss check this link i am buying this card actually the link i posted was for nitro + i guess but this is the actual card i am planning to buy, https://gear-up.me/sapphire-rx-470-4gb-256-active-3xdp-h-oc-d5.html

you have a small case or something ? Would better to get the nitro+ if you don't since that'll run cooler in a normal case than this one

you have a small case or something ? Would better to get the nitro+ if you don't since that'll run cooler in a normal case than this one

Money is the issue here mahn nitro+ is way more expensive than this model

Money is the issue here mahn nitro+ is way more expensive than this model

Ah i get you but these blowers style cards are loud and hot

Do you have the option to order from out of country because the price of the card you linked is obscene. I used the Google currency converter which prices that card at $290 Canadian which is about $25 more than a 480 and $70 more than a 470 here

Also just based on my personal experience I wouldnt be afraid of going Gigabyte. I got my Gigabyte 6850 7 years ago and it was just recently I had to oil one of the fans. Maybe their quality dropped over the years?

1 minute ago, ArkTheYO said:

If you can afford it go for it, this would be better than that blower style card or the gigabyte one.

cool!

2 minutes ago, K4mloop5 said:

Do you have the option to order from out of country because the price of the card you linked is obscene. I used the Google currency converter which prices that card at $290 Canadian which is about $25 more than a 480 and $70 more than a 470 here

Also just based on my personal experience I wouldnt be afraid of going Gigabyte. I got my Gigabyte 6850 7 years ago and it was just recently I had to oil one of the fans. Maybe their quality dropped over the years?

Are you aware of any website that ships to Oman at lower shipping rates?

10 minutes ago, ArkTheYO said:

Are you aware of any website that ships to Oman at lower shipping rates?

NCIX and Amazon will both ship international. Heres Amazons rates to ship to your area https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=596204

And they have some decent prices for the cards https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RX+480

$229 for an 8GB 480 +$14 for shipping  a decent deal