Best Vertical GPU Case?

AliceSML79

I was curious if I could get some advice on the vertical GPU cases. I know Of the Deepcool Genome & the Thermaltake  Core P5 and P3. Are the other are there are more options? The graphics card I want to use with the three slot designs so the more spaced better. I know the P5 would probably do it but it is not exactly the design I was hoping for. But if I have to I will go with the P5 in the snow edition with the tempered glass

Thanks in Advance, AliceSML79 

Thermaltake's Core V21 lets you mount the entire system on its back if you choose, making the GPU mount vertical.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Yeah that's true but want it  parallel to the motherboard to emphasize the graphics card. I'm not sure which one I'm going to use yet but I'm looking at Hall of Fame editions as well as Auras and extreme gaming editions

Forgot to mention that the graphic card has two slots but the cooler takes up a half for another slide so so I needs a case that has room for three cops or vertically and so far I think the only option is thermaltakes P5 or p3. I'm not sure if Deepcool's genome ii case would work or not. 

P5 and P3 are okay. I'd recommend buying a quality PCI-e riser since the included one seems to be unreliable based on customer reviews.

The CoolerMaster Mastercase 5 has a vertical GPU bracket

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

2 hours ago, Zangashtu said:

The CoolerMaster Mastercase 5 has a vertical GPU bracket

Hadn't heard about that cooler master.

2 hours ago, Flavio hc 16 said:

if money isn't a problem i would fo for  the lian li pc 05-06-07, they look stunning ( priced between 250 and 400$) http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-o5s/

the lian li looks nice but pricy for mini it's case. If I went with a ian li I'd get a PC-TU200 (http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-tu200/). It be a good portable pic that way.

id prefer to go atx with tempered glass. May even consider TT's The Tower 900 Case.

There is also an option of going View 31 TG (also Thermaltake). 

As for riser cable modDIY has a decent one for 39.99

Cant believe no one has said this (Edit, view 31 is very similar, whoops)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133336

Thermaltake

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, AliceSML79 said:

Wow that's a nice case I ever knew about. I'll take a quick look, hope it's atx. Love the gpu support brace.

It is atx! I like it because it looks like a Fractal Design case but its Tempered glass. Also has a hinge door (I believe) and not held in by four thumb screws through the panel like 95% of other TG cases

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

24 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Cant believe no one has said this (Edit, view 31 is very similar, whoops)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133336

Thermaltake

Just looked at it I love the price. I just wonder if door is removable. If it is I could add the ROG front base too. I love its atx as well. Never thought a tempered glass Case cold be less then $150 let alone $99.99.

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It is atx! I like it because it looks like a Fractal Design case but its Tempered glass. Also has a hinge door (I believe) and not held in by four thumb screws through the panel like 95% of other TG cases

This is a nice option over the settling for a inwin 805 infinity. I looked at infinity because of the new 1080 to has a infinity mirror as well. Boy the infinity 805 has some serious cable management issues. So I was thinking of cable mods to make cables longer for better cable management for the right side tempered glass panel.  You think with the right side tempered glass, they would include better cable management options. 

Just now, AliceSML79 said:

This is a nice option over the settling for a inwin 805 infinity. I looked at infinity because of the new 1080 to has a infinity mirror as well. Boy the infinity 805 has some serious cable management issues. So I was thinking of cable mods to make cables longer for better cable management for the right side tempered glass panel.  You think with the right side tempered glass, they would include better cable management options. 

Also air flow in that case really sucks. It was clear this case was more for show that functionality, performance or ease of use

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Also air flow in that case really sucks. It was clear this case was more for show that functionality, performance or ease of use

Yeah cooling sucks. I was gonna put some extremely high pressure fans to suck air in through the front and bottom. It was some noctua industrial fans that were rated for 3000 and PWM. I know it was going to be noisy as hell with those fans , But I was hoping that they would suck in enough air to keep the case cool and a noctua 120mm CPU heatsink with the same fancy as well. I mean it's not a perfect solution but it was for cosmetic reasons and trying to compensate for said cosmetic rations. You wouldn't happen to know if the front door is removable one that thermal take would you? 

If anyone wanted to look at the build. Here is the link (Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/CZLG3VY7UY20/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ip_wl_o_RW54yb3RETCXV). Just remember a lot of these parts are down the road parts. Things marked with a certain notes are the things I need to get up and running now with my old EVGA P55 FTW 200.

13 minutes ago, AliceSML79 said:

Yeah cooling sucks. I was gonna put some extremely high pressure fans to suck air in through the front and bottom. It was some noctua industrial fans that were rated for 3000 and PWM. I know it was going to be noisy as hell with those fans , But I was hoping that they would suck in enough air to keep the case cool and a noctua 120mm CPU heatsink with the same fancy as well. I mean it's not a perfect solution but it was for cosmetic reasons and trying to compensate for said cosmetic rations. You wouldn't happen to know if the front door is removable one that thermal take would you? 

Not sure if the door is removable from the front panel, but the whole panel pulls away like many other cases.

Image result for Thermaltake Suppressor F31

It isn't too difficult to mod a case, just need an extender cable a dremel and a steady hand - its a lot easier than you think

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Not sure if the door is removable from the front panel, but the whole panel pulls away like many other cases.

Image result for Thermaltake Suppressor F31

I found a review on the original version. Sadly the door is not easily removable they say. And it would leave part of the hand still intact. So I'd have a little bit of flapping metal in the front.

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

It isn't too difficult to mod a case, just need an extender cable a dremel and a steady hand - its a lot easier than you think

Sadly I'm not very good with power tools. Also being handicapped and not able to move my legs may not sound like an issue. But if I fell and landed on a drama with a cutting wheel, I can't imagine what kind of carnage that could cause. And I fall a lot!!!

27 minutes ago, AliceSML79 said:

I found a review on the original version. Sadly the door is not easily removable they say. And it would leave part of the hand still intact. So I'd have a little bit of flapping metal in the front.

Sadly I'm not very good with power tools. Also being handicapped and not able to move my legs may not sound like an issue. But if I fell and landed on a drama with a cutting wheel, I can't imagine what kind of carnage that could cause. And I fall a lot!!!

Just now, AndriesM said:

thermaltake view 27

I second this based on your info above, not worth taking risks. I wanted this case but have a very white heavy theme (radiators etc) and they didn't do a Snow Edition so I skipped it and went with the IN WIN 303 (no V.GPU Mount)

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

13 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

IN WIN 303

Is that PSU Location handy btw?

I imagine power cables running very high up, but it has a nice sidepanel mounting system