Glorious PCMR - Crystal 570X Build Log

NavyChief
3 minutes ago, Strike1st said:

Cool. One simple question though. Do you paint the screws as well? do you deal with it the same way as spraying the case itself?

Depends on the color scheme. This theme is yellow / black so I don't have to worry about the screws since they are already black. I had to make sure and have some black rivets though.

You can paint almost anything you want (i.e. screws, rivets, etc). It might be easier to remove all you can that is screwed down and leave the rivets in. Then you paint the whole thing together. Now you won't have to worry about the rivet color since it will match your case color.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Apeiro - Fan Favorite Gigabyte Mod2Win 2016
BAWLS - 1st Place Dreamhack Austin 2016, 2nd Place QuakeCon 2016
Toxic Envi - 1st Place QuakeCon 2014
QuakeCon 800D - 1st Place QuakeCon 2012
Black and Blue 800D

with all that glass you could call it dust-magneto

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, NavyChief said:

Depends on the color scheme. This theme is yellow / black so I don't have to worry about the screws since they are already black. I had to make sure and have some black rivets though.

dont paint screws put caps over them. paint will come off. a blob of coloured silicone does the job

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

5 hours ago, Strike1st said:

Cool. One simple question though. Do you paint the screws as well? do you deal with it the same way as spraying the case itself?

Please snip.  

Also, I'd guess that the clean black rivets are left unadorned

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

After a few days of drying I finally got around to reassembling the case frame. The yellow case and black accessories really complement each other nicely!

Lv2k0cm.jpg

W7iwxUx.jpg

NX8lqus.jpg

4QzAE0s.jpg

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

7 minutes ago, NavyChief said:

After a few days of drying I finally got around to reassembling the case frame. The yellow case and black accessories really complement each other nicely!

Lv2k0cm.jpg

W7iwxUx.jpg

NX8lqus.jpg

4QzAE0s.jpg

Wow.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just so you know, it took 73 rivets to reassemble this case! Ensure you have a good supply of rivets on hand during the reassembly process!

Started with the bottom panel then added the front and rear panels. After they were riveted together I added in the motherboard tray and finally the top panel. Once these were all secured, I riveted on the eight corner pieces.

If you aren't careful during the reassembly process and get it out of order then you may have to redo some of the rivets since this thing goes together much like a jigsaw puzzle.

Here is a shot of the rivet posts left over after the riveting process.

0o0fqAv.jpg

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

Starting to plan out the sleeving for the wiring.

This build will only be utilizing the 24-pin ATX, 8-pin EPS, 8-pin PCI-E and 6-pin PCI-E cables for sleeving since they will be the only ones visible. The 24-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS are for the motherboard, while the two PCI-E cables are for the graphics card.

Here is a shot of the design scheme.

DaQXB05.jpg

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

This is going to look really good. I'm excited to follow this

Intel i7-3820

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1866

GTX 680

8 hours ago, NavyChief said:

Starting to plan out the sleeving for the wiring.

This build will only be utilizing the 24-pin ATX, 8-pin EPS, 8-pin PCI-E and 6-pin PCI-E cables for sleeving since they will be the only ones visible. The 24-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS are for the motherboard, while the two PCI-E cables are for the graphics card.

Here is a shot of the design scheme.

DaQXB05.jpg

You gonna sleeve em yourself or get it from someone else?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

You gonna sleeve em yourself or get it from someone else?

I normally sleeve it myself with MDPC-X sleeving material and the heatshrinkless method.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

Corsair provided two 3-packs of their HD120 RGB fans.

7LF9UZ4.jpg

Each package contains three of their new HD120 RGB fans, 12 fan screws, Fan Hub, Fan Controller and an optional cable to connect the fan controller to pushbuttons for selecting mode, color and speed.

huiWbde.jpg

WKc6JSz.jpg

The included HD Lighting Controller is necessary to take full advantage of the HD120 RGB fans. The Corsair 570X case comes with the SP Lighting Controller since the case includes the SP120 RGB fans. This will make an excellent replacement!

bLu6bGj.jpg

Here are the six HD120 RGB fans. They are solidly built and have built-in cushions on each corner to absorb vibrations.

QvlgW9R.jpg

It is so nice to be able to work with a mid-size case where I only have to worry about 6 fans. My last build (Apeiro) contained 14 fans and the case before that (BAWLS) contained 20 fans!

Now to get that motherboard mounted into the case!!

The I/O backplate will complement the black/yellow theme due to it already being black.

6xWgkgB.jpg

A perfect fit!!

kMcv3L5.jpg

Here is the ASUS Maximus IX Hero motherboard mounted and ready!

S6MR6pM.jpg

Now to pan back and see the whole case...

rTA2PSz.jpg

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

Wow, the amount of RGB in this build is over 9000!!! :D Sub! I'm curious of how it will look like fully assembled :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

How are you planning to sync all the rgb? Since all the manufactures have their own hardware/software to configure the rgb of their products.

@NavyChief

12 hours ago, jcoenen said:

How are you planning to sync all the rgb? Since all the manufactures have their own hardware/software to configure the rgb of their products.

@NavyChief

Since almost all of the RGB components are from Corsair, I will be using their Link software to control the RGB lighting. The only component that is the exception would be the motherboard since it is from ASUS.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

3 hours ago, NavyChief said:

Since almost all of the RGB components are from Corsair, I will be using their Link software to control the RGB lighting. The only component that is the exception would be the motherboard since it is from ASUS.

The gpu is from EVGA and also has RGB, but I guess there is no syncing trick? (Would also like to know since my personal build is going to be with 570x and asus aura if possible)

Just now, jcoenen said:

The gpu is from EVGA and also had RGB, but I guess there is no syncing trick? (Would also like to know since my personal build is going to be with 570x and asus aura if possible)

Make a custom script and sync em all together :P

Or just try to click em all at the same time.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Oh hi again! Looking good as I said over at Bit-tech

hats off to ya =p

Tp9BIPr.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I guess @deXxterlab97 will keep denying that red and green exist like he did in a post of mine from quite a bit ago.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

11 minutes ago, JDE said:

I guess @deXxterlab97 will keep denying that red and green exist like he did in a post of mine from quite a bit ago.

His profile pic literally has white in it xD 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

His profile pic literally has white in it xD 

Remember SCWN 1? You were like RGB (AMD, NVIDIA, INTEL) and he is like BBB (Intel, Intel, Intel)

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Remember SCWN 1? You were like RGB (AMD, NVIDIA, INTEL) and he is like BBB (Intel, Intel, Intel)

I remember...

DEXTERLABS IS AN INTEL FANBOY SHILL CONFIRMED AMD MASTERRACE MWAHAHAHAHAHA /s

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I remember...

DEXTERLABS IS AN INTEL FANBOY SHILL CONFIRMED AMD MASTERRACE MWAHAHAHAHAHA /s

Last time I checked you were obsessed with NVIDIA

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

12 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

DEXTERLABS 

Afaik there is only one and it's deXxter