What is it like to work for Linus? - Honest Answers

1 minute ago, Cohacq said:

What video is the Keyboard Rampage from?

I kind of wish it was all serious, since there were some really interesting points that pretty much explain the way videos from LTT were developing recently, but I totally understand why there was so much comedy mixed in.
Still a nice video :) .

@LinusTech Have you watched it yet? :P

Pretty interesting hearing what they think of working for Linus, gives a little bit of a better look at LMG as a whole.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Luke was still talking about over time.... and..... CUT. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, Freeman said:

I kind of wish it was all serious, since there were some really interesting points that pretty much explain the way videos from LTT were developing recently, but I totally understand why there was so much comedy mixed in.
Still a nice video :) .

I get the impression, that there is no absolute seriousness without any kind of comedy at LMG. They'd probably would have all gone insane by now, if there wasn't :D So for me, this actually feels pretty honest and "natural".

53 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Well, i have no idea what working laws there are in Canada, but if they are similar to what we have in Germany then that would be a topic, that could get you into extremely serious trouble saying the "wrong" thing. I have a hunch, that Luke would have said "that may or may not be payed" or something along the lines (and AFAIR Linus had to basically kick luke out for a few days to get his overtime down...i remember a WAN Show where that came up...). If it's half as "grey" as it is in Germany, that's a topic best to be avoided if you have an overtime account that's filled to the brim, because it could get the company into serious trouble.

Good news everyone...!

I'm pretty sure a lot of people would want a boss like Linus. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I think he has a lot to say but the editors cut it. Luke is Linus's right hand in LMG operations and was his first employee I think so he basically knew both Linus's bad side and his good side. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 hours ago, nicklmg said:

-

Yeah they wont lie, no not at all

5 hours ago, aidanapple said:

OMG at ladder and roof - if it was real I'd question logic.

Photoshopped!

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think he has a lot to say but the editors cut it. Luke is Linus's right hand in LMG operations and was his first employee I think so he basically knew both Linus's bad side and his good side. 

4 hours ago, David89 said:

Well, i have no idea what working laws there are in Canada, but if they are similar to what we have in Germany then that would be a topic, that could get you into extremely serious trouble saying the "wrong" thing. I have a hunch, that Luke would have said "that may or may not be payed" or something along the lines (and AFAIR Linus had to basically kick luke out for a few days to get his overtime down...i remember a WAN Show where that came up...). If it's half as "grey" as it is in Germany, that's a topic best to be avoided if you have an overtime account that's filled to the brim, because it could get the company into serious trouble.

Exactly what I thought. I remembered there was a period of time (last year maybe?) Luke seemed really pissed off in all of his video appearances. I think those guys did work a lot. That's the thing about working though. You have a lot of money, but literally no time to spend that money, let alone enjoy your life. 

16 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Exactly what I thought. I remembered there was a period of time (last year maybe?) Luke seemed really pissed off in all of his video appearances. I think those guys did work a lot. That's the thing about working though. You have a lot of money, but literally no time to spend that money, let alone enjoy your life. 

I'd enjoy my life if all I could do was work on these fields, the saddest part of my life is when I'm not either working or at college, because when I'm home I can't practice or study any programming language for college as my dad will just think I'm playing video games yell at me and force me clean up the house, can't wait to graduate, get a better job and move out so I can live in front of a PC, money earned aside necessities to live is just to make new builds  :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

9 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Ah.... I think we've all been through that part of life. Knowing what you like is really important though. 

what is the video where he is on the roof destroying the keyboard and scaring the neighbors?

nevermind, it should have looked at the comments in this thread.

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Ah.... I think we've all been through that part of life. Knowing what you like is really important though. 

Oh yes I love computers more than anything since I was little, my first win98 IBM machine gave me way too much wonder, though I still had resistency about working with it, kinda felt like I shouldn't mix up my hobby and interest with professional life, I started psychology at the university and well not that I disliked it but I felt like all was such a drag... I felt often saturated with all of it.

When I finally quit it and decided to do programming and all my life gotten so much better, I actually have fun at classes, aside the purely mathematics ones of course xD, already got a good paying job to keep feeding data on this system at this export company, I get to already learn some about IT and all with it, I am living my hobby and damn I regret not realizing it sooner.

You really should work with what you like, might take a bit to realize what is it but when you do it's worth to go for it, I'm pretty sure I'd be much more miserable as a psychologist.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Coding is my passion too. I learned it myself. A little bit slow paced, but now every time I open my IDE I still feel excitement. Glad that you find your passion too. Focus on things that are important to you is the only way to enjoy this life. 

So... Chelsea's pretty hot, borderline cake face though. Who are half these people anyway, I've never seen half of them.

yeah who tf are half of these people have they always been here? thought they were only getting 3 new peeps in their last recruitment 

Oh Dear.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

13 hours ago, David89 said:

(and AFAIR Linus had to basically kick luke out for a few days to get his overtime down...i remember a WAN Show where that came up...).

Wasn't that Brandon? Who had to take a 'forced' vacation because of not taking days off for so long?

Maybe that's a different thing from what you're mentioning.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I LOVED this video! It seemed to me like a bunch of friends getting together sharing a similar idea (making videos) and looked like they have a fun time doing so!

Of course, it's a job and bad days happen, you can't escape it, but getting a better idea of the morale in the office, and getting a glimpse of how they work makes me want to work there!

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)

7 hours ago, Minibois said:

Wasn't that Brandon? Who had to take a 'forced' vacation because of not taking days off for so long?

Maybe that's a different thing from what you're mentioning.

As far as i can remember, i think it was actually both...:/

Good news everyone...!