Nintendo switch on a monitor

I just recently got my hands on a switch, and I was planning to use it with my monitor, but I was stupid enough to forget to check my monitor for an hdmi port. :dry: Is there any way I can get an image to display on my monitor if I plug the cord into my MB? A software or something?

Also, can someone tell me what kind type of port is being covered by the rubber cover on the back of my monitor? I can't find info on newegg or their website. Would the port work with an hdmi adapter?

Monitor(ASUS ROG PG278Q: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

26 minutes ago, OffPH.wnr said:

I just recently got my hands on a switch, and I was planning to use it with my monitor, but I was stupid enough to forget to check my monitor for an hdmi port. :dry: Is there any way I can get an image to display on my monitor if I plug the cord into my MB? A software or something?

Also, can someone tell me what kind type of port is being covered by the rubber cover on the back of my monitor? I can't find info on newegg or their website. Would the port work with an hdmi adapter?

Monitor(ASUS ROG PG278Q: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236405

So, HDMI to DVI then aux cable/headphones.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

On 4/2/2017 at 10:17 AM, nobiggieBIG said:

So, HDMI to DVI then aux cable/headphones.

What resolution would that come out at?

if you linked to the right monitor it doesn't have DVI, you'd need a DP to HDMI. The switch outputs in 1080p. so it will look a little bit blurry.

I have no signature