The forum was down today.

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

We are aware of the issue - the site was subject to a denial of service attack, which is still ongoing but is currently being mitigated.

5 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

No, the attack was made through Cloudflare, hence turning on the DDoS protection mitigating it. 

There's only so much local software can do to mitigate an attack of this size. There is almost no advantage for us moving to LiteSpeed. 

The forum's actual IP is not, the Cloudflare IP is. 

Those are Cloudflare's IPs, not ours. 

Our actual current IP is not available on that site :) 

I stand corrected. Thank you for informing me.

This morning 

IMG_5361.thumb.PNG.e9d865f3434d15635e91f3e08e665254.PNG

Thank you for explaining the situation though. Everything looks fine now. @colonel_mortis

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Surely trying to DDOS the LMG forums is like trying to piss into a oncoming hurricane in defiance.  You can do it, but it wont end well.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

45 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Surely trying to DDOS the LMG forums is like trying to piss into a oncoming hurricane in defiance.  You can do it, but it wont end well.

I picture in my head,  some dumbass literally doing that. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

59 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I was thinking the person trying to DDOS LMG is probably someone whom the forum mods have booted out using the trusty ban hammer and somehow it's his/her way of retaliation. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside