Witcher 3 random crashes

Belbs

as stated in my topic title. I used to be able to play this game for hours on end with absolute 0 interruptions (when I pirated it) albeit some minor bugs (before new patches and blood and wine DLC and enhancements)
now I bought the GOTY on steam, it crashes barely a freaking hour into the game. I even tweaked it to low settings to see any difference and it still crashes! completely shuts down my PC without any warning whatsoever. and when I boot it up again, the fans get really loud and the case gets kinda hot which is odd as I am not taxing it much at all.

specs:
CPU - AMD A10 5800k

GPU - Sapphire RX 480 4GB

Cooling: 2 120mm fans blowing in from the front and one on blowing out in the back

PSU: 600w PSU

RAM: 8Gb

p.s.: the only things that changed from my old system was the case, mobo, gpu, and OS. any help would be appreciated. thank you! :D

6 minutes ago, Belbs said:

the only things that changed from my old system was the case, mobo, gpu, and OS.

So it's basicaly an entire new pc... So your pirated version has nothing to do with your current pc. So why didn't you make a TLDR?

Sounds like something is overheating, possibly the CPU. Check temps while playing.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

So it's basicaly an entire new pc... So your pirated version has nothing to do with your current pc. So why didn't you make a TLDR?

I just provided additional details because it might help provide a solution?

Just now, callum92 said:

Sounds like something is overheating, possibly the CPU. Check temps while playing.

how do I check temps in-game?

You can use something like HWmonitor and alt-tab after playing for a while to check the temps or you can use something like MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner and have an in-game overlay.

30 minutes ago, callum92 said:

You can use something like HWmonitor and alt-tab after playing for a while to check the temps or you can use something like MSI Afterburner + Rivatuner and have an in-game overlay.

But isn't MSI afterburner for MSI cards or am I mistaken?

Edit: hwmonitor sounds good. I'll try that out