A question about the Noctua NH-U12S dual fan configuration

Hey guys, I'm hoping that you may be able to help with this.

I'm using the Noctua NH-U12S in my current rig with the single stock fan, the NF-F12 (http://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-pwm/specification)

Now, I have a spare Noctua fan, the NF-P12 (http://noctua.at/en/nf-p12/specification) which is tad slower than the stock fan (about 1300 RPM vs 1500 RPM).

I was wondering if it would have any detrimental effect if I were to use a slower fan with a faster one on my NH-U12S in dual fan configuration?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

negligible effect... slight drop in performance, I would setup faster fan pushing and slower fan pulling . run coretemp s/w and prime95 for checking out new setup, if unhappy just buy a new one. no real danger to pc in doing this

10 minutes ago, jools said:

negligible effect... slight drop in performance, I would setup faster fan pushing and slower fan pulling . run coretemp s/w and prime95 for checking out new setup, if unhappy just buy a new one. no real danger to pc in doing this

Okay, cool.

Was a bit worried about the faster one pushing and the slower one pulling. Didn't know how the air flow dynamics would work.

I guess unless I mess up the orientation, I can't make things worse, right?

4 hours ago, killcomic said:

Okay, cool.

Was a bit worried about the faster one pushing and the slower one pulling. Didn't know how the air flow dynamics would work.

I guess unless I mess up the orientation, I can't make things worse, right?

Plus you can always try to match speeds with fan curves per fan. On better mobos you can control CPU and CPU2 fans individually.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Plus you can always try to match speeds with fan curves per fan. On better mobos you can control CPU and CPU2 fans individually.

Unfortunately my mobo only has the one CPU fan connection, the other would have to go on the system fan connector. 

It would probably improve performance a bit if you're using the NF-P12 in pull. The difference would be larger at low rpm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.