Leaked info of AMD Vega, and HDR, and physics engine, and ambient occlusion and..

My very first build has a ATi Rage video card, it has 2MB of vram and runs on AGP 2x. Then I upgraded to a ATi Rage 128 where is has 32MB of vram. :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This is a problem for AMD.

Media overhyping something (April fools or not) and then when the actual product comes out people will remember the hype but not the source and they will blame AMD...

Interesting, in all of the AMD pictures I saw color banding.

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

ATi Rage 128 was my first video card i remember of , then i got a Nvidia FX5200.

Those days... wow i will be old soon...

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

23 minutes ago, ZothOmmog said:

Interesting, in all of the AMD pictures I saw color banding.

its fake, its a april fools joke 

7 hours ago, agent_x007 said:

-snip-

I'm not 100% sure how it works, what I know for certain is that the HBBC is very, very good at memory management. I don't know for certain but I think they were saying how some of the textures would be offloaded onto areas such as the memory, making the on-die HBM 2 act as a "cache", for the most frequently used data, and the information that the game stores but hardily ever uses would be offloaded onto slower memory.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

37 minutes ago, Humbug said:

This is a problem for AMD.

Media overhyping something (April fools or not) and then when the actual product comes out people will remember the hype but not the source and they will blame AMD...

Well tbh they often cause these situations themselves with misleading graphics so i don't feel sorry for them, they deserve the pitfall of the hype culture they themselves created to begin with.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

amd-deck-03-840x472.jpg

This image proves its fake. The actually card is horrible quality, something they would not do. You can also see theres no holes in the PCIe bracket, somethign that is needed for proper airflow

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I wanted to believe, but even if it wasnt Aprils Fools, it seems that all year long AMD products celebrate this day.

:D, but yes Ryzen 7 is good.

Groomlake Authority

Despite it being 4/1, heres to hoping that AMD provides some competition on the gaming front. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

47 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

somethign that is needed for proper airflow

Bildergebnis für fury x

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Citadelen said:

I'm not 100% sure how it works, what I know for certain is that the HBBC is very, very good at memory management. I don't know for certain but I think they were saying how some of the textures would be offloaded onto areas such as the memory, making the on-die HBM 2 act as a "cache", for the most frequently used data, and the information that the game stores but hardily ever uses would be offloaded onto slower memory.

If you don't know in 100% how it works, why/how can you say it works "very, very good" ?
AMD didn't tell us how it works exactly, so how can you know ?

Other than that :
They still use HBM as primary memory (a.k.a VRAM), and system memory as secondary. So, same as always (VRAM => RAM => SSD/HDD) ?

Vega simply has dedicated chip that does memory management.
I understand it can be helpful, but if it's worth something will depend on what exactly it can do under normal VRAM usage, and in case of running out of VRAM capacity.
If you still insist on "very very good", give me hard numbers I can see... please ?
PS. I really don't like that Deus Ex demo AMD shown, since they could EASILY tweaked few things for "maximum effect".

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

Just now, Space Reptile said:

Bildergebnis für fury x

Thats water cooled though

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Thats water cooled though

so is the card in the picture , its a photoshopped fury x , look at the fury x marketing material 

Bildergebnis für fury x

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

so is the card in the picture , its a photoshopped fury x , look at the fury x marketing material 

That would explain the weird coloured bar on the bracket

Spoiler

AXIOM

Though that design is epic! I'd like to see it like that!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

as much as i WANT this to be true its probably just an Aprils fools thing sadly. im going to stick to my guess of about 1080 preformance for just over 1070 price

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, agent_x007 said:

-snip-

You disregard the only comparison we have, that's your problem not mine. AMD states the only difference between the two demos being HBCC on and off, if you think they fiddled with it then good for you, not my problem.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

This was an April fools day article, locking thread as it isn't actually news.