Schiit Vali 2 or Schiit Magni 2

Mega Gardevoir

I am currently going to buy a Schiit stack and was wondering if the Vali 2 is worth the extra money over the Magni 2. The dac that I will be using with them is the Modi 2.

Yeah. If you go Magni, you might as well go Fulla because the Modi offers no advantages over it.

I'd just save the trouble and get a Fulla 2. It's what I did and have no problem driving my Logitech speakers and Beyerdynamic headphones.

30 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'd just save the trouble and get a Fulla 2. It's what I did and have no problem driving my Logitech speakers and Beyerdynamic headphones.

the fulla 2 isn't powering your speakers, they are powered speakers...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, SSL said:

Yeah. If you go Magni, you might as well go Fulla because the Modi offers no advantages over it.

Pretty much, there is no incentive to get a Modi 2. Maybe the Modi 2 Uber if you require the different inputs the Uber version has to offer. Otherwise the Fulla 2 and the Modi 2 utlises the same DAC chip.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

the fulla 2 isn't powering your speakers, they are powered speakers...

I worded that wrong lol yeah I use it for the dac with powered speakers. Was hanging with friends and absently responded.