Best OSD for KISS FC

joeythebold

Hi,

I don't have enough channels on my radio to support alarms and such so what would be the best OSD for a KISS FC to buy for a new quad?

Thanks!

you don't need the channels on your radio, If you doing Acro/racing that whole thing is wasted on us, Guys can argue it all they want and you'll prob find them all been flying for years and even think the bulky grandpa radio is still necessary, For acro/Racing and ONLY for acro/racing things like the Turnigy Evo are the future. as we don't have time to look at the remotes and such. OSD is the way.

Getting back onto topic :P you can look for a PDB with a OSB built into it, some frames have a epic PDB built in with OSD. Or you can get a stand alone.

I've found the PDB ones a lot nicer as makes the build cleaner. The Realacc one's I've found very enjoyable and they well priced. I'm actually moving more towards dRonin and going to order their new Seppuku FC Soon which has the OSD built in. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Maybe the piggy from furious? Do you already have the KISS board? I know a lot of people like it because it's more smooth, but there are a lot more features built into betaflight and its not proprietary. 

We have a new multirotor thread in this sub forum, we should use it for this kind of thing. @Ryan_Vickers pin please?

ASU

6 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Getting back onto topic :P you can look for a PDB with a OSB built into it, some frames have a epic PDB built in with OSD. Or you can get a stand alone.

I've found the PDB ones a lot nicer as makes the build cleaner. The Realacc one's I've found very enjoyable and they well priced. I'm actually moving more towards dRonin and going to order their new Seppuku FC Soon which has the OSD built in. 

Oh wow, I totally forgot about those :P the Red Rotor osd V2 us the best pdb osd, steer clear of the hub osd as those have issues. 

I personally prefer an FC side OSD (boards like the betaflight f3 and Omnibus boards) because you have to just solder your camera and VTX to the board, then you can do just about everything you can in betaflight IN YOUR GOGGLES. It's amazing, but you often have to sacrifice accurate current sensing. I think it's worth it because you can just decide when to land off your voltage (adjusting for sag of course). 

ASU

@Hackentosher yeah its one of those what works for one kindsa things, I reccomend the Realacc ones as they cheap and gets you going. 

Completely agree with the FC bit, why I'm buying the Seppuku one, nice built in with all the features, Personally I don't find the playing with it in the googles much help, once its set I'm good to go, don't need to play around on the field. 

We also both forgetting the OSD's that coming in the Runcam's Upgrade your camera and get a voltage OSD as well. I'm keen to check them out. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

@Hackentosher yeah its one of those what works for one kindsa things, I reccomend the Realacc ones as they cheap and gets you going. 

Completely agree with the FC bit, why I'm buying the Seppuku one, nice built in with all the features, Personally I don't find the playing with it in the googles much help, once its set I'm good to go, don't need to play around on the field. 

We also both forgetting the OSD's that coming in the Runcam's Upgrade your camera and get a voltage OSD as well. I'm keen to check them out. 

Realacc is just lumenier copies. It's shitty, but I understand the appeal for new pilots. That being said, there are cheap frames out there that aren't clones. Or are you talking flight controllers? I know the cc3d f4/"spracing" f4/airbot f4/generic ass f4 board is really popular. Quite a few guys in my group run them, but ohmygodIlovemyOMNIBUS. 

Yeah but what's nice is you can tune in the field and you don't have to remember a laptop or a USB cable. 

Oh yeah, but if the camera is fine, no real point in replacing it. I guess the same could be said about the pdb, and that one is a hell of a lot more work :P I like my runcam swift (it's the RR edition) but I can't tell the difference between that and my hs1177 rocking the same lens. The one thing I noticed though is the run cam's lens came unfocused or something the last time I flew and the damn thing won't budge. Yes I loosened the locking nut, I think runcam glued the lens in. Bastards.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

We have a new multirotor thread in this sub forum, we should use it for this kind of thing. @Ryan_Vickers pin please?

Your user tag isn't complete btw

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

15 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

Your user tag isn't complete btw

Yeah it is, those are all my threads or lists.

ASU

On 3/30/2017 at 4:12 PM, Hackentosher said:

Maybe the piggy from furious? Do you already have the KISS board? I know a lot of people like it because it's more smooth, but there are a lot more features built into betaflight and its not proprietary. 

I really like the KISS os and system and im going to use kiss escs so it all workes together

1 hour ago, joeythebold said:

I really like the KISS os and system and im going to use kiss escs so it all workes together

Do you already have a KISS board? Betaflight is really really good now and has more configuration options and availability for more features built onto the board such as an osd. It's also open source so you support that community. 

KISS ESCs are notorious for catching fire. Yes I know they thought they fixed that and it was just isolated to the 18a v1, but KISS 24s are starting to burn up especially on DSHOT. in a year of beating on my builds, I think I have killed a total of 1.5 blheli ESCs. Theyre also a hell of a lot cheaper. 

ASU

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 5:18 PM, Hackentosher said:

Do you already have a KISS board? Betaflight is really really good now and has more configuration options and availability for more features built onto the board such as an osd. It's also open source so you support that community. 

KISS ESCs are notorious for catching fire. Yes I know they thought they fixed that and it was just isolated to the 18a v1, but KISS 24s are starting to burn up especially on DSHOT. in a year of beating on my builds, I think I have killed a total of 1.5 blheli ESCs. Theyre also a hell of a lot cheaper. 

I believe now KISS is supported in betaflight and the KISS esc rarely catch fire anymore.  I actualy found an osc for kiss my flyduino but thanks anyway

39 minutes ago, joeythebold said:

I believe now KISS is supported in betaflight and the KISS esc rarely catch fire anymore.  I actualy found an osc for kiss my flyduino but thanks anyway

I've heard of the ESCs going BBQ when you run Dshot 600 on them.

ASU