Throttling gpu clock speed when power limit is increased

MilosDeus

I have build new pc case and was testing temps, used Doom since its the only game that my cpu does not bottlenecks my gpu. I have noticed that utilization was at 100% constant, mem clock at 1650mhz(as should be), temps 60-65°(lower than in the old case) but my core clock was 1150-1250(Should be 1270) and power consumption around 95w. So in msi afterburner i put power limit to 125% from 100% and core clock did jump to 1270. Now, in other games there is a cpu bottleneck so utilization jumps up and down, it draws around 75w but memory and core clocks are at max all the time, no fluctuation, at stock settings. Since i increased power limit i continued to play doom, and fps was 120-140 from 100-130fps, power draw jumped to 115ish watts, i was happy, but maybe after 45ish sec fps dropped to 30 for a few sec and than went back up to high 130, and it happened again in same time interval. In msiafterburner it showed that uti, mem clock were at max all the time, same temps but core clock dropped to 300mhz at the time of the of the fps drop, as was power draw to about 30-40w. I put power limit back to 100% and that never happened again. So i put power limit up again and it happened again. Cpu utilization or temps did not change nor the temp of the gpu, and this never happened before. Now my thinking is that when i increase power limit up there is not enough power somewhere. I did buy new psu when i bought gpu but it was over my budget for upgrade so i don't think it the best in the world but it shouldn't be the worst, or at least it should be adequate. I was calculating 150w gpu + 95w cpu, hhd + 3 fans and a light strip shouldn't be too much,  was i wrong?

Cpu: amd fx 6100- stock speed with LC-CC-120 aircooler 

GPU: Asus rog strix rx 470 o4g

Mobo: MSI 760gm-p21

Ram: 2x4gb 1333mhz

PSU: Raidmax 500w rx-500xt

HDD: Some samsung 1tb

I was thinking ether psu 6pin connector cant give enough power to the gpu or motherboard pci slot. Shouldn't be that up to 75w comes from mobo and the rest from pci-e connectors?

Does anyone knows where is the problem?

If you are talking about fan curve, i don't think its thermal throttling, i think its set for 90° tmax and it never goes over 70°, and only variable is power limit/draw.