error after trying to flash a custom rom on my galaxy s6

ciprian97pop

i have a  galaxy s6 920f on which i had the xef 7.0 android (it is a phone bought from orange romania, sim locked and the csc was oro)
i installed twrp on it and after that i rooted it by flashing a zip file with twrp
then i wanted to install a custom rom. i copied the file on the phone but i wasn't paying attention and the copy process stopped in the middle of it but the file was still on the phone. wiped everything that was asked to wipe then proceeded to install the zip only then to find out that the installation ended after about 30 seconds. i tried rebooting and i'm stuck in a bootloop. even though, i can still enter download mode and in the recovery but because i wiped all those things(everything except internal storage and usb otg)
i know that i should have checked to see if the file was being copied fully but even now when i connect the phone to my laptop in the recovery to copy the zip, it still does the same thing. i tried using another usb cable, another usb port and even another laptop but the copy process still stops about halfway trough.
right now i'm downloading a stock rom and gonna try to flash it with odin. what should i do? 
any help is appreciated

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Flashing the orginal Samsung ROM seems like the best cause of action. 

When that's done you should be able to start from scratch. The same thing kinda happened when I tried to install Lineage OS on my S7.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, Volbet said:

Flashing the orginal Samsung ROM seems like the best cause of action. 

When that's done you should be able to start from scratch. The same thing kinda happened when I tried to install Lineage OS on my S7.

so it's not the end of the world, right? i just have to flash a stock rom with odin then i'm good to go

another question. the custom rom that i'm wanting to install doesn't needs the phone to be rooted because it has magisk which will root the phone after installation(most of the roms that i saw work like this) 

is it a bad thing that i had rooted the phone before or it won't make any difference?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

1 minute ago, ciprian97pop said:

so it's not the end of the world, right? i just have to flash a stock rom with odin then i'm good to go

another question. the custom rom that i'm wanting to install doesn't needs the phone to be rooted because it has magisk which will root the phone after installation(most of the roms that i saw work like this) 

is it a bad thing that i had rooted the phone before or it won't make any difference?

It's more than likely not the end of the world. I don't know exactly what went wrong, so I can't be 100% sure.

Rooting it before hand wouldn't have made any difference. It's a bit pointless, but it doesn't effect how TWRP works.

Just now, Volbet said:

It's more than likely not the end of the world. I don't know exactly what went wrong, so I can't be 100% sure.

Rooting it before hand wouldn't have made any difference. It's a bit pointless, but it doesn't effect how TWRP works.

long story short, I simply tried to flash a corrupted zip and i got an error right after i pressed install in the rom

that's why I'm trying to be as calm as possible because i'm guessing that it's not such a big deal

i tried copying another file, this time being .rar on my phone and it worked

now i'm trying to copy the rom but with a different extension, just to see if it works. if it does, then i'll rename it to .zip again and try the flashing process once more

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

yep... copied the file as a .zip.o extension without a problem

now i'm gonna rename it in the twrp file explorer and try to flash it again

1 minute ago, ciprian97pop said:

yep... copied the file as a .zip.o extension without a problem

now i'm gonna rename it in the twrp file explorer and try to flash it again

And if that doesn't work, then I would still recomend you to flash the orignal ROM tar.gz through Odin.

14 minutes ago, Volbet said:

And if that doesn't work, then I would still recomend you to flash the orignal ROM tar.gz through Odin.

somehow maybe the rom was the problem

i tried copying another rom with the same method mentioned above, renamed it and i was able to install it without any problems

thank you very much for your help