Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

@LinusTech @nicklmg

The DBRAND link is broken

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

• 4 weeks later...

Does the Amazon link work? I've been hearing people have been having trouble with that...

Also, if so, does is work in the UK/EU?

Hey linusTechTips can you please review these gaming headsets they are mostly for people on a budget so they arent all that impressive but it is really hard to find some good reviews that mention details, cons or pros of these headsets. Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A73ZIL0/ref=ya_st_dp_summary they are the Sades A60 2016 updated set. Please atleast see them I actually want a more educated decision and the best review possible that I can find for these headsets because all the reviews aren't that good and detailed. I hope you see this comment (:.

@LinusTech Hey Linus Amazon is getting ready to launch full local operations in Australia next year and you can already buy Kindle books on their Australian site, can you look into an affiliate link for amazon.com.au so I can use your link when shopping there in the future?

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

Is there a way to use your Amazon affiliate link within the Amazon App (android for example). It's so simple now to order through the app.  If there is no affiliate link type of thing, is there another way you can get a kick back.  I don't know if it is possible, but maybe through using a sort of coupon code that only links to you.

I believe Lynda.com have been hacked. I just got this email 3hrs ago. I don't know who cares but I though I would post it here.

Spoiler

We recently became aware that an unauthorized third party breached a database that included some of your Lynda.com learning data, such as contact information and courses viewed. We are informing you of this issue out of an abundance of caution.

Please know that we have no evidence that this data included your password. And while we have no evidence that your specific account was accessed or that any data has been made publicly available, we wanted to notify you as a precautionary measure.

If you have questions, we encourage you to contact us through our Support Center.

The Lynda.com team

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is thinking of up-grading tunnel bear be aware some banks will flag the payment as fraud.

My bank In the U.S.A. wouldn't let the payment go through because tunnel bear is located in Canada(go figure).

A quick phone call to my bank and all was well. 

I guy a ton of stuff off of MassDrop (watches, straps, belts) as well as Amazon (everything). Is there some way to set up the affiliate link, or must one always click on the LTT link?

1 hour ago, Skip said:

I guy a ton of stuff off of MassDrop (watches, straps, belts) as well as Amazon (everything). Is there some way to set up the affiliate link, or must one always click on the LTT link?

Just save the affiliate link to desktop as your amazon link? An idea.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

@LinusTech the Phantom Glass link seems to be broken and Lynda is missing its banner image.

@LinusTech Your Video about the AMD Vega GPU from CES 2017 got mentioned in a german Computer-Website: https://www.computerbase.de/2017-01/radeon-vega-foto/

;-)

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

On 11/13/2013 at 9:26 PM, LinusTech said:

Is the DBrand affiliate code no longer active? I get taken to a 404 Error screen on the DBrand page.  I was going to use it for a Pixel skin.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I don't see TunnelBear on here... what gives?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but is there any ideas for making the WAN show zip up hoodies available. I'm talking about the ones that you guys wear on the WAN show with the orange and black and not just the regular pull over hoodie. I would really love to get my hands on one of them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2013-11-18 at 1:29 AM, LinusTech said:

Will look into adding Amazon links for other regions. It never really occurred to me.

But you avatar makes you look smart, therefore EVERYTHING should occur to you. Which is really easy, just think "42". Your welcome, Linus Gabriel Sebastien.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

@CPotter When will the #OutOfIdeas T Shirt be coming back? I really want one just to get a giggle out of a few people!!

Thanks.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Do you guys still get the money if something was in your amazon cart prior to clicking the link?

On 17/11/2013 at 9:04 AM, gardening said:

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to add an Amazon.de and an Amazon.co.uk link too? Or does the 'Linus..' details added in the same way for the alternatives work for all Amazon's automatically?

2. Do you also gets some cents if I buy via marketplace?

There is an Amazon UK link.

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Just made my first iFixit purchase with the WANSHOW offer code.  $5 off is free shipping...so thanks LTT team!

Crap, I just now realized that LTT might have a Amazon.de affiliate too, just after ordering Sony AX53 >:(. I need to write it on the wall or something...

Anyone ever tried using ifixit "WANSHOW" code in ifixit EU shop? I mean when i tried to buy from US it switched to EU which is fine and the code seem to work but its says that " The total price is too low for this coupon!" . Well 20 Euro is waaaay more than 10$. I bought it either way because i really needed it for something just wondering if someone has encountered the same problem.

ifixit.png