Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter

Any chance I can come pick up t-shirts?

On November 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM, LinusTech said:

Will look into adding Amazon links for other regions. It never really occurred to me.

Please do China. I live there and I'm building my pc soon, but not much tech parts ship to china. So I'm gonna have to go all da way to da US to buy the parts then bring them back to china to build the PC.

Just tried the LINUSTECH coupon code at Soylent, linked from the new video, and it says it's invalid or expired.  I was trying to buy powder instead of the bottles that the link goes to, but I assume that's not the problem.  Any suggestions?

On March 3, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Pythor said:

Just tried the LINUSTECH coupon code at Soylent, linked from the new video, and it says it's invalid or expired.  I was trying to buy powder instead of the bottles that the link goes to, but I assume that's not the problem.  Any suggestions?

I just tried it for the bottled Soylent and it gave me that same error. Anything we can do?

I've been wanting to try Soylent, but I've never had it before and I'm not sure I'll even like it. A 20% discount sent me to their website and I was ready to give them money, but unfortunately, the code didn't work.

@LinusTech or whoever works on this :)

Edited by dexbot

On 3/3/2016 at 6:15 AM, Pythor said:

Same for Canadians. I tried the LINUSTECH coupon code for Soylent Powder. And I got to the site via the link from the new video.

Says LINUSTECH coupon is "invalid or expired"

Screenshot: 

42593b8685.png

@LinusTech @Slick or whoever deals with affiliates.

Using Tapatalk

I just tried it for the bottled Soylent and it gave me that same error. Anything we can do?

I've been wanting to try Soylent, but I've never had it before and I'm not sure I'll even like it. A 20% discount sent me to their website and I was ready to give them money, but unfortunately, the code didn't work.

On March 4, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Ben Odynski said:

Same for Canadians. I tried the LINUSTECH coupon code for Soylent Powder. And I got to the site via the link from the new video.

Says LINUSTECH coupon is "invalid or expired"

Screenshot: 

42593b8685.png

@LinusTech @Slick or whoever deals with affiliates.

On March 4, 2016 at 0:26 AM, dexbot said:

@LinusTech or whoever works on this :)

Turns out it's for subscriptions only. 

Hey anyone remember what that new sponsor was called? I havent seen another plug for it but i forgot what video it was on.

It was an investment website where you make you picks or can select other peoples options. Also when people use your selections you get a small percentage of their profits as well. What was that site/company called

Can you add the link for amazon.it? I would very much like to support you and I think the percentage from here is pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about amazon affiliate links:

When I go to my bookmark, this is my URL with the your tag.

1.PNG.4f2df3864a8fee6b6a8e201c088abbb9.P

But when I click on product, your tag goes away. Do you still get the kickback if I buy anything without the tag at the end?

Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: ASUS Z97; CPU: i5 4670K; Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB; Graphics Cards: EVGA GTX 760; PSU: Seasonic SS-660XP2; SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro 1TB

Got my hoodie, not sure how exactly to use the cable management loops, love it though.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

Hi, Any Idea when the t-shirts are coming back? on teespring they just say ended. And I don't want to put my card details in because i would want to use combined shipping and it doesn't have an add to basket thing right now.

15 hours ago, digisax said:

Got my hoodie, not sure how exactly to use the cable management loops, love it though.

Hi! Do you have idea of the size chart? I'm 5'5 medium built and not sure to get the Medium or Large. Thanks!

7 hours ago, ace101. said:

Hi! Do you have idea of the size chart? I'm 5'5 medium built and not sure to get the Medium or Large. Thanks!

It seems to be pretty standard to slightly slim, I'm 6'4 large build and I fit an XL but I prefer a not so baggy fit.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

Question: thinking of getting Quickbooks for online business stuff, why should I get Freshbooks?

My only issue with iFixit is it costs like twice the price of the product to ship it to Canada.

@LinusTech  It would be great if you make an Amazon India affiliate link. Even though i am from Nebraska I work in India. It would be neat if you had an Amazon India affiliate link using which I could buy. Also you can benefit from the Indian Community who watch your videos.

I'm curious about how this affiliate link thing works, how long it's valid for and what it counts for etc. I get the main idea that if you click an affiliate link all the items you go to and buy in that session are credited to him but what for example if I have a loaded up shopping cart (pre-affiliate link) then I use the affiliate link and buy the cart contents you know, do they need to be added to the cart that session as well as purchased? (Just about to go on a spending spree so want to figure this out) :P it's just unnerving that there is no indicator and the link tag disappears

For a long time, I thought that ASUS,MSI,Nvidia,LG,AMD etc were your sponsors. Silly me.

• 2 weeks later...

@LinusTech

Can someone pin this in a more logical place on the forum?

It took me 5 - 10 minutes to find the affiliate URLs to go buy stuff.

I think this should be pinned in the top of all the main forums related to purchasing equipment at the least.

To help cover Linus Tech Tips server costs at the very least. 

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

• 1 month later...

Maybe the Amazon links should be removed for now :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So Um.... regarding Amazon - Should I remove my bookmark? or will keeping it there entitle you to some backpay, etc? or would a revolt against amazon help at all? 

Tell us what to do!