Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

CPotter
On 2/28/2017 at 0:14 AM, JBavousett said:

Just made my first iFixit purchase with the WANSHOW offer code.  $5 off is free shipping...so thanks LTT team!

Thank you!

On 3/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, yathis said:

Will Ting work in Canada?

No unfortunately.

16 hours ago, lilbman said:

@LinusTech @CPotter The link for the patreon does not work.

Right, I'm removing that link now. :P 

So. What happens if you have been using the old URL..... (Amazon URL) 

Do you guys still sell the vote for turnip sweatshirts? I didn't see them in the above links >.>

I was wondering if perhaps EVGA had an official account here on the LTT forums. I know that a few other companies do.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why is ifixit only $5 off? That doesn't even cover shipping.

I want one but damn, that price. 

6 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

Why is ifixit only $5 off? That doesn't even cover shipping.

I want one but damn, that price. 

Worth it. I bought one of the original pro kits and then bought the new pro kit for myself a year later. So worth it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 3/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, SansVarnic said:

Worth it. I bought one of the original pro kits and then bought the new pro kit for myself a year later. So worth it.

I know they are great. I've been wanting one for awhile. About to build a computer for a friend and my backup cellphone, a moto x, just completely died. So I want to get a pro kit in time to use it on both.

But $70 + shipping... damn. Its annoying getting a "discount" and the check out balance, once shipping is applied, is higher than the original price. I guess I'm sticking with my knockoff "iWorkit" kit that I found at the local thift shop. It sucks... :/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, SansVarnic said:

Bought the new pro kit. I don't think this was worth it at all!

1. The entire case doesn't fully close properly. The velcro doesn't even line up and it wouldn't survive an accidental drop.

2. The second tool I used was one of the tweezers and it instantly broke.

IMG_20170404_230407.thumb.jpg.5165740daf4063b47b4259671539e6be.jpg

3. The driver set is nice, but that's really the only good thing I have to say on it. 

Definitely not worth it...

On 4/5/2017 at 3:51 PM, Sin Stalker said:

Bought the new pro kit. I don't think this was worth it at all!

1. The entire case doesn't fully close properly. The velcro doesn't even line up and it wouldn't survive an accidental drop.

2. The second tool I used was one of the tweezers and it instantly broke.

3. The driver set is nice, but that's really the only good thing I have to say on it. 

Definitely not worth it...

I don't think that's supposed to happen.  I'm sure you could contact iFixit to work that out, perhaps with someone from LMG on your side @nicklmg

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:51 PM, Sin Stalker said:

-snip-

Really sorry to hear about that experience... that is not at all what we have come to expect from iFixit stuff - in our experience their kits work extremely well, and that's even after getting the "Linus treatment."

Have you spoken with their customer support? If so can you PM me your ticket number so I can get it escalated?

Sorry for the hassle!

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I don't think that's supposed to happen.  I'm sure you could contact iFixit to work that out, perhaps with someone from LMG on your side @nicklmg

It took a day after I posted this but someone from them emailed me. They apologized and said they are sending out a replacement reverse tweezers and tool roll (I guess that's what the case is called). 

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Really sorry to hear about that experience... that is not at all what we have come to expect from iFixit stuff - in our experience their kits work extremely well, and that's even after getting the "Linus treatment."

Have you spoken with their customer support? If so can you PM me your ticket number so I can get it escalated?

Sorry for the hassle!

I appreciate the reply. Their customer service seems great, although it was difficult to find the support email and their phone was always busy.

I got this because of the ads on your shows. Although after this problem occurred, I went through several videos and haven't seen any of your use their kits, except for maybe one scene on one episode of one season of Scrapyard Wars, on a remote tear down. So I was starting to think they weren't good enough and ads were ads and not endorsements in anyway.

Like I said before, I really like the driver set, although I do wish the driver was a ratcheting one. Besides that glaring oversight of an upgrade, I really like the driver set. But based on the quality of the rest of the kit, I don't think the extra $40 (price dif between the driver set and the pro kit with the driver set and all the plastic tools and case) are worth that price difference. Most of those plastic parts are barely held in the tool roll. But maybe the replacement tweezers and a properly fitting tool roll will change my overall perception of the quality of this thing. :/

If and until then, I definitely recommend anyone looking to buy a toolkit should go for the essentials or just the driver set, based on my experience. I don't see the value in plastic parts for that extra $40 to $50.

2 minutes ago, Sin Stalker said:

I appreciate the reply. Their customer service seems great, although it was difficult to find the support email and their phone was always busy.

I got this because of the ads on your shows. Although after this problem occurred, I went through several videos and haven't seen any of your use their kits, except for maybe one scene on one episode of one season of Scrapyard Wars, on a remote tear down. So I was starting to think they weren't good enough and ads were ads and not endorsements in anyway.

Like I said before, I really like the driver set, although I do wish the driver was a ratcheting one. Besides that glaring oversight of an upgrade, I really like the driver set. But based on the quality of the rest of the kit, I don't think the extra $40 (price dif between the driver set and the pro kit with the driver set and all the plastic tools and case) are worth that price difference. But maybe the replacement tweezers and a properly fitting tool roll will change my overall perception of the quality of this thing. :/

If and until then, I definitely recommend anyone looking to buy a toolkit should go for the essentials or just the driver set, based on my experience. I don't see the value in plastic parts for that extra $40 to $50.

Glad to hear they got back to you. We actually use their stuff VERY frequently, even if it doesn't always show up in our videos.

Anytime Linus took something apart during CES it was using the Pro Tech Toolkit.

Feel free to PM me if you need any further help, or if the experience with support ends up being a poor one. Always happy to help with this kind of stuff.

Hi everyone

This is my first post at LTT and i have to say LTT youtube videos are informational and interesting. 

Anyway, I frequent Amazon USA due to pricing discrepancy with Singapore. However, I cant seem to use the affiliate codes.

Anyway advice?

I will be purchasing some stuff from dBrands too but the link is gone.  

• 3 weeks later...

(If this is an old informative post, feel free to delete it or whatever - this is my first time knowing/hearing about this)

So for those wondering what happened to the Treespring store, I got a response. Thank you to @nicklmg and @CPotter for the information. 

Image.png.dcd90489641d4404c139ea909d809f6d.png

Quick question, seeing as how Treespring still shows availability for some of the t-shirts and what not, if someone were to order them, LTT would still receive the support for the ordering, correct? I assume yes, but I figure I should check to be sure. 

example:

https://teespring.com/linustechtipslogo?tsmac=store&tsmic=linusmediagroup#pid=396&cid=6641&sid=front 

Unless that's not from the official LTT Treespring store or something? idk >.>

7 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Quick question, seeing as how Treespring still shows availability for some of the t-shirts and what not, if someone were to order them, LTT would still receive the support for the ordering, correct? I assume yes, but I figure I should check to be sure. 

example:

https://teespring.com/linustechtipslogo?tsmac=store&tsmic=linusmediagroup#pid=396&cid=6641&sid=front 

Unless that's not from the official LTT Treespring store or something? idk >.>

Correct, thanks for asking! I left that old storefront up, simply so people who weren't aware of the new one could order.

New store link: http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/LinusTechTips/

• 2 weeks later...

LTT has been referenced by a big Online-Computershop in Germany (red dots inserted by me ;)):

Just thought I'd let you know...

LTT_caseking_de.jpg

Edited by Questargon
Woops, no image.. ^_^;

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11

On 5/3/2017 at 3:52 PM, CPotter said:

Correct, thanks for asking! I left that old storefront up, simply so people who weren't aware of the new one could order.

New store link: http://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/LinusTechTips/

Question:  Are you guys planning on leaving the Teespring store up?  

I like the quality and color tones of their shirts more than those at the new store - got a cranberry Wan Stealth from Teespring recently and I love it.

If you are going to shut it down, do you have a set date/timeframe in mind?  Or will you just leave it up indefinitely?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Linus you forgot this one mind adding it?

• 2 weeks later...

@LINUSTECHTIPS team please have your Amazon or any other sites like theitdepot,com 

We would like to support you guys

@LINUSTECHTIPS Team. Would you talk to iFixit to get coupon code for EU Store? I'd really like to buy an Essential Electronic Toolkit.

So Linus says at the end of this video Source, referring to Tings phone service that even existing users of Ting can take advantage of the $25 in credit. I tried to see if it would work and I wasn't sure how to go about it. After I logged into my Ting account, it would just go back to the regular Ting site.

Do I need to buy a new phone/service or does this not pertain to just adding in a free balance?

• 1 month later...

Time to find the hoodie selection. I need some new ones. Any chance at the orange and black one that we often See Linus sporting?