Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

Linus Tech Tips Affiliates, Referral Programs and Sponsors

I'm curious about how this affiliate link thing works, how long it's valid for and what it counts for etc. I get the main idea that if you click an affiliate link all the items you go to and buy in that session are credited to him but what for example if I have a loaded up shopping cart (pre-affiliate link) then I use the affiliate link and buy the cart contents you know, do they need to be added to the cart that session as well as purchased? (Just about to go on a spending spree so want to figure this out) :P it's just unnerving that there is no indicator and the link tag disappears

@LinusTech

Can someone pin this in a more logical place on the forum?

It took me 5 - 10 minutes to find the affiliate URLs to go buy stuff.

I think this should be pinned in the top of all the main forums related to purchasing equipment at the least.

To help cover Linus Tech Tips server costs at the very least. 

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

Doing what I can to support the good guys at LTT -- splurged a bit on Amazon, X99 rebuild - so I'll get a little something out of it too. o.O

Maybe the Amazon links should be removed for now :P

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

"How can someone win if winning means that someone loses" - Scatman John

"64 bits, 32 bits, 16 bits, 8 bits, 4 bits, 2 BITS, 1 BIT, HALF BIT, QUARTER BIT, THE WRIST GAAAAAAME!!!" - Angry Video Game Nerd

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

So Um.... regarding Amazon - Should I remove my bookmark? or will keeping it there entitle you to some backpay, etc? or would a revolt against amazon help at all? 

Tell us what to do!

Also need to know about the amazon link, I spend loads on there and i mean loads but a shame if you guys cant work out something.

If not do you have anything else in the pipeline ? Ebay would be equally as equitable if not more so.

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

Dbrasnd 

On 11/17/2013 at 11:29 PM, LinusTech said:

Will look into adding Amazon links for other regions. It never really occurred to me.

Your Dbrand link is broken on here :/

Guys, I am looking for one sponsored link(ad in the end) what was in one of the videos. It was the site which had video effects for 99$ and you was getting audio effects for free. Anyone have the link for the site? Thanks.

Got all excited about finally having a piece of tech worthy of phantom glass and a dbrand skin... alas neither makes anything for the TabPro S as of yet... :'(

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Does the Amazon affiliate code work for Amazon.in (although not specifically mentioned)? Is there any other way to use the above-mentioned websites (with the affiliate code), to ship to India?

Nothing to see here ;)

did they update the code with the new one or not?? 

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

@LinusTech

If we're recommending a product on Amazon to a fellow forum member or to a friend, can we inject your affiliate into it and if so, could you add that to the first page?

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.