Acer Predator 21x Review

7 hours ago, Luscious said:

1. Acer builds junk. They are about the worst laptop manufacturer out there - remember this is the company that acquired Gateway, another junk laptop manufacturer.

2. Their sales people are pathetic based on my experience attempting to work with them. No follow-up, dead email addresses and poor communication - hardly the impression a reputable company should be showing.

3. A company that pitches a product that you cannot buy is a product that has already failed.

4. It's clear if they are only making a limited number then they are using customers as quality control to work out any design and build problems. How long was that warranty again???

5. For $9000 and no customization options, don't you think people will be taking their money elsewhere?

I am disappointed that LMG is reviewing vaporware - seriously guys, where is your credibility??? Why even bother doing a review on something that was sent to you that your audience cannot purchase? Acer list the product on their website yet don't include a purchase link or buying info - that should have been a dead giveaway to refuse to review the product.

Why do you keep referring to them as "Laptop Manufactures", they are PC Manufactures, laptop is just one of the MANY form factors they build.

also if you are gonna rip on Acer how about ripping on them for the crap they got Class Action sued for back in the early 90's where they got busted for using refurbished parts in "NEW" machines, really wish I could find info on that online for reference, I just remember we got a check from it because we had an old Acer Desktop that was effected by that.

We've come full circle

C8L6_smUMAAlbqJ[1].jpg

C8L6_sqUMAAwa9Y[1].jpg

My PC Setup:

Spoiler

The PC:

Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1620v3

Mobo: AsRock x99 Extreme4

RAM: 12GB (3x4GB) GeiL DDR4 2133MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB MSI Armor OC

PSU: EVGA 80+ 500w

Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB HDD + Hitachi HDS721016CLA382 160GB HDD (with the classic messy partition table)

Cooling: Zalman CNPS10X Extreme

Etc: LG Lite-On DVD+R Burner (i use optical media all the time for vintage computers, it's not dead yet! hell, floppy drive in here too but can't plug it into x99 :()

Outside the case:

Monitors (left to right):  Dell E176FP + Samsung Syncmaster 2253BW + AOC G2260VWQ6 Freesync

Keyboard: Lexmark (IBM) Model M-122

Mouse: Logitech G402

Headset: Samson SR850

DAC: Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini

Mic: Realistic Cardioid 33-992a

Main Laptop: 2009 Macbook (Recycling Haul)
Streaming Laptop: 2013 Samsung Series 7 Ultra 740U

So laptop = foldable AIO.

9 hours ago, syloui said:

We've come full circle

My thoughts exactly. Well, not exactly, I thought "someone glued a TV to an Olivetti", but I like your version better :P 

"If your game dips below 12' FPS, well, you can pretty much blame the developers."

*shows a bunch of games that dip below 60"

Hole in the script?

Also the narration was and the "voice acting" (not sure about the term) was quite annoying sometimes. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.