OBS stuttering on Ryzen 1700 3.7ghz

deathlikeeric

Hey,

I recently upgraded to Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7ghz, and I'm trying to stream BF1 to youtube live with OBS but i always get that stutter in my game when trying to stream. without streaming its all smooth.

what setting are you using for OBS streaming on you Ryzen.

mine: X264 (veryfast) 7000 bit rate (still does it at 4000)

rig:

- ryzen 1700

- gtx 970

- 8gb 2400mhz gskill ram

Zen Rig

- Ryzen 1700 @3.9ghz 1.325v

- Asrock AB350 Fatal1ty gaming K4

- 16GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR4 @2133mhz

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

- Adata 128gb SSD & Toshiba 1TB HDD

I would say its more your ram(Lack there of) than the Ryzen CPU, 8gb is barely enough to play bf1 much less stream it as well.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

buys ~350$ CPU, puts 8GB of RAM in the system -_-

8GB is enoug (depends what you are doing) but since 8 core 16th cpu surgest you will do streaming or something like that or just poweruser. 8GB is pretty low

Just now, Jarno. said:

8GB is enoug (depends what you are doing)

on BF1 8GB is not enough

and on top of that you're adding OBS ...

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

on BF1 8GB is not enough

and on top of that you're adding OBS ...

you was to fast with your awser reload page. i did edit xD 

1 minute ago, Jarno. said:

you was to fast with your awser reload page. i did edit xD 

talking BF1 - 8GB is not enough, you can lose even 20FPS on avg compared to having 16GB of RAM in the system .... google it

27 minutes ago, zMeul said:

talking BF1 - 8GB is not enough, you can lose even 20FPS on avg compared to having 16GB of RAM in the system .... google it

For once I'll agree with you here... If you're gonna stream and play games need more than 8 GB of ram in your system. Streaming with take it's chunk and will muscle it from other programs if there isn't enough, which leaves your game a bit starved

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Ok I guess i could order another 8GB ram or order a kit of 16GB but faster Mhz. When i stream and play BF1 i see my ram usage being at around 7GB and cpu usage would range around 35-50% depending on the map. Also my FPS is usually 55+ @ 1440p (i downscale to 720p60fps while streaming).

Zen Rig

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

7000 bitrate? I'm pretty sure there's no point in going higher than 3500 as that is the max for Twitch, it won't make any difference.

2 hours ago, Celios said:

7000 bitrate? I'm pretty sure there's no point in going higher than 3500 as that is the max for Twitch, it won't make any difference.

but im not using twitch, i'm streaming on youtube which can handle more than 3500 bit rate

Zen Rig

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

• 2 weeks later...

well adding another 8GB of ram as fixed the stuttering issue while streaming BF1

Zen Rig

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

• 1 month later...

All your fellow gamers dont understand ram... yes 8gb is enought but most like your problem was the 1 stick causing ur system to run in single channel mode and not a dual. And thats why the add of another one fixed it, even 2x4 might have done the trick, but thats just silly :)

On 5/19/2017 at 7:18 AM, Goildzy said:

All your fellow gamers dont understand ram... yes 8gb is enought but most like your problem was the 1 stick causing ur system to run in single channel mode and not a dual. And thats why the add of another one fixed it, even 2x4 might have done the trick, but thats just silly :)

I had 2X4gb I'm my stick while it was stuttering and then upgrade to 4X4gb and don't have any issue now.

Zen Rig

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

On 2017-5-24 at 9:18 PM, deathlikeeric said:

I had 2X4gb I'm my stick while it was stuttering and then upgrade to 4X4gb and don't have any issue now.

Yes i agree times have aged (lol wtf), anyway the new 8=16 so thats the same story for you but then replace the total 8 to 16. You could have 2x8 too but i see why you have 4 ;) those 4 wilk have slightly faster performance than 2x8 tho i doubt ull notice. However the point was he ran 1 stick which causes to run single channel mode. I still agree with you on a 16gb total being better atm (in dual channel). Sadly ram got rly expensive lol i used to remember a set of sticks below 100

Offtopic: that build you have there on the fatal, cant u get ur sticks over 21xx (edit: nvm just checked ur sticks) ? Ryzen would love that. Anyway im in the middle of a build plan since february and suddenly ryzen is released lol and june and july has some promises i cant wait to see. But also i cant wait any longer to not build TODAY (needa order still tho), its itching so bad.