What are the best and Quiet Case Fans?

Markus_E

Hello, i want to get some Case Fans, i thought about white or RGB fans,

At the Moment i own Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition, but if they are under full Load, they are too loud, so as if they idle.

Do you have any suggestions?

Edited by Markus_E
I missed a detail (they are loud on idle)

What case and cooler are you using? should never need to run case fans at 100% imo.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

120mm- Noctua NF-F12 

140mm- Noctua NF-A14 

These are the best fans on the market, 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

10 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

What case and cooler are you using? should never need to run case fans at 100% imo.

They are loud on idle aswell.

I have be quiet Dark tower 3 (with default fan) Cooler Master Maker 5 (default fans)

PSU is the Corsair RM650X.

But after i got the Fans in, it started to be loud.

1 hour ago, Markus_E said:

Hello, i want to get some Case Fans, i thought about white or RGB fans,

At the Moment i own Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition, but if they are under full Load, they are too loud, so as if they idle.

Do you have any suggestions?

Be Quiet fans are the best alternative to Noctua fans. They're barely audiable even at full speed. Those are the only fans I use now and fully recommend them.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

I personally can hear my noctura 140mm fans on my CPU cooler over my maglev 120mm from Corsair.

All fans are running same bios defined temp to speed profiles. 

Just run the mag lev fans to be silent at idle but at load these guys hit a easy 2500rpm and can cool everything even in Aussie summer. I live in a hot humid area.

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

12 hours ago, Markus_E said:

They are loud on idle aswell.

I have be quiet Dark tower 3 (with default fan) Cooler Master Maker 5 (default fans)

PSU is the Corsair RM650X.

But after i got the Fans in, it started to be loud.

What fans are you referring to and what speed are you running your fans at? Have you tried lowering them?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans are you referring to and what speed are you running your fans at? Have you tried lowering them?

I didnt change anything on the Speed, i could change the Speed with Cooler Master Fan Controll (with the case controll).

Everything is on Default

16 hours ago, Markus_E said:

I didnt change anything on the Speed, i could change the Speed with Cooler Master Fan Controll (with the case controll).

Everything is on Default

Please answer the other questions. 

What fans are you referring to? 

Which header is each fan being powered from? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 30.3.2017 at 10:15 AM, WoodenMarker said:

I am talking about the Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition,

they are all powered from the Cooler master fan controll (it came with the case).

The stock fans (that came with the case) are on "High mode" not as loud then the corsair ones on "low mode"

P.s: Sorry for my bad english and for any missunderstandings

5 hours ago, Markus_E said:

I am talking about the Corsair Air Series AF120 LED Quiet Edition,

they are all powered from the Cooler master fan controll (it came with the case).

The stock fans (that came with the case) are on "High mode" not as loud then the corsair ones on "low mode"

P.s: Sorry for my bad english and for any missunderstandings

They aren't great fans to begin with. Why not just stick with the stock case fans?

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

They aren't great fans to begin with. Why not just stick with the stock case fans?

I wanted some that stick more to the pc theme

7 minutes ago, Markus_E said:

I wanted some that stick more to the pc theme

The low setting provides 7v which is ~60% speed. If that isn't low enough for you, use a different form of control or different fans.

I had some of those phanteks static pressure fans. I found the noise and acoustics to be a bit better than the noctuas I had.