What is in my Bag.

Just now, mcladrifter said:

I like them and they do the job.

Press F5 and re-read my post.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 minute ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Press F5 and re-read my post.

If the images get published in an article, they're uploaded at 800x800 px.

4 hours ago, mcladrifter said:

If the images get published in an article, they're uploaded at 800x800 px.

Alright, that's fine then.  Still if you had found a D300/s it would've been better.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

@thekillergazebo

What are we looking at? I know that's some peak design starps etc. and those are a6x00 cameras (although I don't know which). And then there's probably a mefoto tripod, but what lenses are those? what bodies? what's in the small pouch in the centre of the image? do you have any tricks or shortcuts when you carry these stuff around? 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

21 minutes ago, cc143 said:

@thekillergazebo

What are we looking at? I know that's some peak design starps etc. and those are a6x00 cameras (although I don't know which). And then there's probably a mefoto tripod, but what lenses are those? what bodies? what's in the small pouch in the centre of the image? do you have any tricks or shortcuts when you carry these stuff around? 

It looks like a A6000 and a A6300/A6500 (slighlty larger body). 

For lenses my guess is: 

• 55-210 
  • 10-18 f/4
  • 18-105 f/4
  • 50 f/1.8

And isn't it two lumecubes there in the middle? 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

3 hours ago, xQubeZx said:

It looks like a A6000 and a A6300/A6500 (slighlty larger body). 

For lenses my guess is: 

• 55-210 
  • 10-18 f/4
  • 18-105 f/4
  • 50 f/1.8

And isn't it two lumecubes there in the middle? 

Dam son, those are the lenses lol. 

• The large bag is the lowepro hatchback 250. 
  • Small gray is peak design pouch (everything goes in here expect tripod, flashes/ lights,  and cameras)
  • a6300
  • a6000
  • 10-18 f4
  • 18-105 f4
  • 50 f1.8
  • 55-210
  • mefoto backpacker tripod 
  • peak design slide 
  • peak design cuff 
  • peak design capture clip
  • yongnuo trigger and 2x yn560 v4 flashes
  • white and tans items are sun shirts and neck gaiters for sun protection.

i shoot a lot at the beach so having two bodies is really import so I'm not changing lenses in bad condition. The sea spray is a killer on the gear if you have to change lenses so two bodies keep it flexible. I also do a lot of traveling around Florida and find this setup is really good for seeming low key and having the gear to get the shot. Also the tripod is super small so it even fits in the bag and doesn't bring attention to me.

Also yes those are Lume cubes. I got them for free for winning their weekly capture for cube contest on Instagram. They are supper handy to have around and are great for adding a little kick of light. It's amazing how bright they are and how much control they have.

2 hours ago, thekillergazebo said:

Also yes those are Lume cubes. I got them for free for winning their weekly capture for cube contest on Instagram. They are supper handy to have around and are great for adding a little kick of light. It's amazing how bright they are and how much control they have.

Sweet! I've been thinking of getting one because they are so small and powerful. And I've got quite the feel for the E mount lenses now, at least the sub 1000US ones as those are the ones I'm interested, can afford to buy myself. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

30 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Sweet! I've been thinking of getting one because they are so small and powerful. And I've got quite the feel for the E mount lenses now, at least the sub 1000US ones as those are the ones I'm interested, can afford to buy myself. 

Put in for the capture for cube contest you might win and save yourself some cash. 

On 4/14/2017 at 2:23 PM, thekillergazebo said:

A bit late to the game but this is my current setup when going out for a day of shooting. 

IMG_3676.JPG

I love my Vertex

C9VAx23WsAAOPZT.jpg

9 minutes ago, mcladrifter said:

I love my Vertex

C9VAx23WsAAOPZT.jpg

If I'm totally honest I'm a bit disappointed with my bad. It's a pain to organize the camera in the padded area. It's become so troubling to keep things in place I'm tempted to make a video on it showing the major limitations lowepro did when creating the soft padded area.

54 minutes ago, thekillergazebo said:

If I'm totally honest I'm a bit disappointed with my bad. It's a pain to organize the camera in the padded area. It's become so troubling to keep things in place I'm tempted to make a video on it showing the major limitations lowepro did when creating the soft padded area.

Got any dividers from other bags?

Just now, mcladrifter said:

Got any dividers from other bags?

I do, in fact I'm in no short supply of the inserts. The issue is that the inside lining of the bag does not have the material needed to allow things to stick to it. It only offers the reverse sticking side in 4 areas instead of the entire inside.

Just now, thekillergazebo said:

I do, in fact I'm in no short supply of the inserts. The issue is that the inside lining of the bag does not have the material needed to allow things to stick to it. It only offers the reverse sticking side in 4 areas instead of the entire inside.

Post a pic of the bag empty, might doodle a few ideas

1 hour ago, thekillergazebo said:

I don't get the flipside's and that sort of bags design tbh. The entire premise is that your kit is so small and you want to have it with you along with other stuff you might carry like a jacket or your lunch without just throwing it in a bag, but, there is hardly any space in there for anything but your camera and a couple of lenses and getting to it is so bloody difficult!  

That's actually why I went with the protactic 450. At first I wanted to modify an old school bag to have a quick access flap and space for a camera+lens and an extra lens, but I couldn't find anything I could use. Also, it wouldn't fit all my kit in case I wanted to carry more than that. I configured my bag so that I overcome the issue:  (In there is a 5d3+24-105 f/4 and a sigma 35mm 1.4 Art).58f4fe3dc2627_DSC_00401.thumb.JPG.d7fb227cec990a74e94f0574a34498c0.JPG

I can also easily add more dividers if I want to take all my gear with me. 

This is the side access58f4fe5b7022f_DSC_00411.thumb.JPG.1bf7498e3b4c9ba1c5147f213ff6eef1.JPGI have tested it and the 50mm 1.4 can fit where the camera strap is, although its quite a snug fit. That means I could potentially have access to a 2nd smaller lens, like the 50, without opening the entire bag up.

58f4fe64251aa_DSC_00421.thumb.JPG.f00f9183dd73faa54809881293a21ccc.JPG As you can see there's tons of room in there for what you'd typically have in a backpack when on a day trip, travelling or just if you tend to carry one with you anyway. It also has a laptop sleeve that could fit up to a 15" mbp. That's too thin for most laptops, but my dell fits in there perfectly. 

A csc would fit much more stuff in there too, probably another 2 lenses without compromising on space, especially a m4/3 or fuji x system. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

On 4/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, thekillergazebo said:

A bit late to the game but this is my current setup when going out for a day of shooting. 

IMG_3676.JPG

What's that blue thing just above your speedlights?

Just now, AkiraDaarkst said:

Strap I think

21 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

peak design slide (strap). 

58 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

A peak design slide camera strap. Super handy to take the strap on an off fast and switch it to a cuff or to just have the camera attached to the shoulder strap on the backpack

3 hours ago, cc143 said:

I don't get the flipside's and that sort of bags design tbh. The entire premise is that your kit is so small and you want to have it with you along with other stuff you might carry like a jacket or your lunch without just throwing it in a bag, but, there is hardly any space in there for anything but your camera and a couple of lenses and getting to it is so bloody difficult!  

That's actually why I went with the protactic 450. At first I wanted to modify an old school bag to have a quick access flap and space for a camera+lens and an extra lens, but I couldn't find anything I could use. Also, it wouldn't fit all my kit in case I wanted to carry more than that. I configured my bag so that I overcome the issue:  (In there is a 5d3+24-105 f/4 and a sigma 35mm 1.4 Art).58f4fe3dc2627_DSC_00401.thumb.JPG.d7fb227cec990a74e94f0574a34498c0.JPG

I can also easily add more dividers if I want to take all my gear with me. 

This is the side access58f4fe5b7022f_DSC_00411.thumb.JPG.1bf7498e3b4c9ba1c5147f213ff6eef1.JPGI have tested it and the 50mm 1.4 can fit where the camera strap is, although its quite a snug fit. That means I could potentially have access to a 2nd smaller lens, like the 50, without opening the entire bag up.

58f4fe64251aa_DSC_00421.thumb.JPG.f00f9183dd73faa54809881293a21ccc.JPG As you can see there's tons of room in there for what you'd typically have in a backpack when on a day trip, travelling or just if you tend to carry one with you anyway. It also has a laptop sleeve that could fit up to a 15" mbp. That's too thin for most laptops, but my dell fits in there perfectly. 

A csc would fit much more stuff in there too, probably another 2 lenses without compromising on space, especially a m4/3 or fuji x system. 

4 hours ago, mcladrifter said:

Post a pic of the bag empty, might doodle a few ideas

So this is what I basically store on the inside most days and why I went with a half backpack and half camera bag

IMG_3684.thumb.JPG.cad4b233e5724bd46e9d52c6ef7d66b8.JPG

it allows me to easy store the tripod and have all my little accessories stored away in the field pouch. But where you store the camera kinda sucks for smaller cameras.

IMG_3685.thumb.JPG.0f544c1244697c5dd2796dbdb5c35d15.JPG

IMG_3686.thumb.JPG.2dbb7b6ee8b591886a5aa3df0cff69d7.JPG

as you can see the bag bag isn't covered in a part that the  velcro can stick to like your protactic bag can. It's to bad because this bag is great for going outdoor and still being low key enough to bring to trade shows or just random places and not looking like a hiking bag.

1 minute ago, thekillergazebo said:

So this is what I basically store on the inside most days and why I went with a half backpack and half camera bag

IMG_3684.thumb.JPG.cad4b233e5724bd46e9d52c6ef7d66b8.JPG

it allows me to easy store the tripod and have all my little accessories stored away in the field pouch. But where you store the camera kinda sucks for smaller cameras.

IMG_3685.thumb.JPG.0f544c1244697c5dd2796dbdb5c35d15.JPG

IMG_3686.thumb.JPG.2dbb7b6ee8b591886a5aa3df0cff69d7.JPG

as you can see the bag bag isn't covered in a part that the  velcro can stick to like your protactic bag can. It's to bad because this bag is great for going outdoor and still being low key enough to bring to trade shows or just random places and not looking like a hiking bag.

Try sticking a few diagonally.

1 minute ago, thekillergazebo said:

Why dont you just buy another insert off amazon if that is the only issue? I'm sure you could find something that can do the job on the cheap, you just have to measure it up and make sure the dimensions match. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update to my bag:

Yongnuo YN685 
Nikon 16-85 35-56

The 18-70 bit the dust on 2017-05-02