Hearing yourself talk

SkyBirdDK

I recently bought a Sennheiser G4ME ONE, and I can hear myself talk. How to disable it?

I have looked at the windows settings.

1 minute ago, HaxCookiesDK said:

I recently bought a Sennheiser G4ME ONE, and I can hear myself talk. How to disable it?

I have looked at the windows settings.

Does it have a microphone playing back into your headset? Or is your headset open?

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

5 minutes ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Does it have a microphone playing back into your headset? Or is your headset open?

I can hear my voice in my ears aka both sides. And my headset is open yes.

2 minutes ago, HaxCookiesDK said:

I can hear my voice in my ears aka both sides. And my headset is open yes.

Does that headset have a microphone? Also try unplugging the headset completely and see if it still does. If it does then that's just because it's open.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

Just now, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Does that headset have a microphone? Also try unplugging the headset completely and see if it still does. If it does then that's just because it's open.

It does have a mic. When I turn the mic up, it's automatically muted and when I set it down the mic is unmuted. I can clearly hear the difference.

Just now, HaxCookiesDK said:

It does have a mic. When I turn the mic up, it's automatically muted and when I set it down the mic is unmuted. I can clearly hear the difference.

Ok, if there's software for the headset try getting it and see if there's some option. My brother has the Logitech g633 and when the mic is on it echo's back into the headset, which you can't disable. And my Turtle Beach x12 does the same thing. The only solution would be to use a different mic or see if the software has a setting for that.

Asus GU501gm

1 minute ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Ok, if there's software for the headset try getting it and see if there's some option. My brother has the Logitech g633 and when the mic is on it echo's back into the headset, which you can't disable. And my Turtle Beach x12 does the same thing. The only solution would be to use a different mic or see if the software has a setting for that.

It looks like there aren't any software for it. But thanks for the help :)

Just now, HaxCookiesDK said:

It looks like there aren't any software for it. But thanks for the help :)

Ok no problem. Some people said go into sound settings and disable stereo mix. Also try plugging it into your phone and see if it still does it, or another computer.

Asus GU501gm

I would think this is by design and similar to mics with headphone out, where it allows you to monitor your voice when talking. Not entirely sure though.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

If the audio is deferentially comping through the headphones then its a setting on your computer. go to the speaker in bottom right of the task bar. Go to recording devices then go to the microphones properties. then untick listen to device if ticked.
6545a7a1b5cb403d9d3ab998da0845ab.png

If that hasnt done it check program like skype of discord or what ever, they have options to listen to self. If you use nvidia game record thing that has option to hear self check that. Just go around checking software which uses your audio which you may have open and check it doesnt have a listen to option.

2 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

If the audio is deferentially comping through the headphones then its a setting on your computer. go to the speaker in bottom right of the task bar. Go to recording devices then go to the microphones properties. then untick listen to device if ticked.
6545a7a1b5cb403d9d3ab998da0845ab.png

If that hasnt done it check program like skype of discord or what ever, they have options to listen to self. If you use nvidia game record thing that has option to hear self check that. Just go around checking software which uses your audio which you may have open and check it doesnt have a listen to option.

No checks on the windows settings. I have checked the software too

How do you have it plugged in?

2 hours ago, HaxCookiesDK said:

No checks on the windows settings. I have checked the software too

check you processes in task manager to see if theres anything running in the background. Maybe you have multiple audio drivers or something.