RX 480: 1080p 144hz vs 1440p 60hz FreeSync

Hi guys, I bought a RX480 recently and I'm now in the market for a new monitor.
I've been having a look online and on umart.com.au there's this monitor, which is a 1440p 60hz VA panel, which I've heard is pretty decent and also this one, which is a 1080p 144hz that is excellent, according to the reviews online. FreeSync is a big priority, and I'm open to other suggestions (how are those cheap 1080p 75hz Freesync monitors?).
Thanks for your help!

(and hey guys, this is my first post... I should be back regularly - this is a great forum!)

it comes down to what games you're planning on playing more often. 

if it's games such as cs:go, overwatch, etc. then the 1080p 144hz is better

Freesync seems a bit more viable with the setup you have. but i would check the freesync operational range for the monitor, so you know what frame rates you need to stay 

8 minutes ago, motorrad166 said:

Hi guys, I bought a RX480 recently and I'm now in the market for a new monitor.
I've been having a look online and on umart.com.au there's this monitor, which is a 1440p 60hz VA panel, which I've heard is pretty decent and also this one, which is a 1080p 144hz that is excellent, according to the reviews online. FreeSync is a big priority, and I'm open to other suggestions (how are those cheap 1080p 75hz Freesync monitors?).
Thanks for your help!

(and hey guys, this is my first post... I should be back regularly - this is a great forum!)

first of all rip all night time users

second of all which rx 480 because either way unless you lower some settings you most likely won't be satisfied with your 1440p experience

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

i went 1080p ultra-wide ips freesync 75hz with my monitor upgrade, and while its a great monitor resolution i find myself wanting a more fluid experience, scrolling, mouse movement is much better on higher frequencies, and my next upgrade is going to have 80+hz, 1440p on a rx480 is pushing it a bit, but its fine unless you are one of those ultra quality freaks, on a ultra-wide 1080p is a good midle ground between 1080p and 1440p, because its about 10% less demanding than 1440p.

if you can do go with freesync, because its basically free and a good addition.

to get the most out of your freesync you can increase the freesync range, my came in at 48-75 and is now at 35-80, and you need the max frequency to be at least twice the low end for freesync to work when you dip below the lowest frequency.

1 hour ago, crysilis said:

first of all rip all night time users

second of all which rx 480 because either way unless you lower some settings you most likely won't be satisfied with your 1440p experience

Hahaha, I'm from Australia, its only 9am here... I've got the XFX GTR Non-Reference 480 - it's got a pretty good cooler and overclocks fairly well from what i've heard

53 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i went 1080p ultra-wide ips freesync 75hz with my monitor upgrade, and while its a great monitor resolution i find myself wanting a more fluid experience, scrolling, mouse movement is much better on higher frequencies, and my next upgrade is going to have 80+hz, 1440p on a rx480 is pushing it a bit, but its fine unless you are one of those ultra quality freaks, on a ultra-wide 1080p is a good midle ground between 1080p and 1440p, because its about 10% less demanding than 1440p.

if you can do go with freesync, because its basically free and a good addition.

to get the most out of your freesync you can increase the freesync range, my came in at 48-75 and is now at 35-80, and you need the max frequency to be at least twice the low end for freesync to work when you dip below the lowest frequency.

one of the monitors im looking at here is 75hz and has a freesync range of 40-75hz I believe