FedEx will give you $5 to reinstall Flash

iamdarkyoshi

The world’s most hated plugin is clinging on thanks to a generous $5 discount offer from FedEx, which apparently desperately needs customers to reenable Adobe Flash to be able to print things from its website.

“As a thank you for your patience and for being a valued FedEx Office customer, please use ‘FLA726’ at checkout to receive $5 off on orders over $30,” the offer reads.

fedex_adobe_flash_offer.png.ef7fd3afce3c365483239116e448240f.png

I can't believe they are too lazy to pay developers to add printing support through something modern, and instead, offering users a discount. Hilarious.

Sauce: http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/24/15052286/fedex-adobe-flash-five-dollar-discount-print-orders

i tried to play club penguin yesterday, and chrome:plugins is broke for me. :/ 

i cant even get a free $5. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if they updated their website?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Thats what I thought. But shipping companies are a whole new flavor of weird

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

fedex developers are too lazy to replace a 20 year old server that HP themeslves has warned them about being on the edge of failing with no spare parts anywhere left.

the thing is mission critical as well, that's the best part of it.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I can't believe they are too lazy to pay developers to add printing support through something modern, and instead, offering users a discount. Hilarious.

Let me tell you how this went down based on my experience.

FedEx web dev: "We need to phase out Flash in favor of something else."

FedEx marketing/management/higher ups: "That costs too much money, and our older demographic are too familiar with Flash. They shouldn't have to download something else that they don't understand."

FedEx web dev: "....That's not how-"

FedEx marketing/management/higher ups: "Glad we could have this meeting!"

Install Flash, get 5$. Uninstall it, lose the horror that is Flash. Reinstall it, get 5$ etc etc etc.

How is this cheaper than hiring a couple of devs to make your site not shite.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not Fedex but still one of the best commercial ever

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Install Flash, get 5$. Uninstall it, lose the horror that is Flash. Reinstall it, get 5$ etc etc etc.

It's not about the developers, if it was, this problem wouldn't be here today, it's just something management doesn't wanna deal with.

1 minute ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

It's not, but companies don't hire smart BAs or managers anymore. They hire people who have a business degree, but have zero actual experience handling money or IT staff. They won't hire a new dev or use new tech because of the number on the purchase/hire, but fail to take into account the lost business from using something so obsolete, or the downtime for repairs when the thing inevitably breaks.

I have disabled flash and cant remember when a website last asked me to activate it.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Not Fedex but still one of the best commercial ever

fun fact: fedex's building in belgium is a rotten dump with dirty mirrored windows, and DHL just freshly built a warehouse across the street from them, in bright DHL yellow, so now when you approach fedex it mirrors the DHL yellow warehouse, with its giant pink tower right in the middle :P

it's like DHL actually sent a guy with a paint roller up there to mock fedex.

Just now, manikyath said:

fun fact: fedex's building in belgium is a rotten dump with dirty mirrored windows, and DHL just freshly built a warehouse across the street from them, in bright DHL yellow, so now when you approach fedex it mirrors the DHL yellow warehouse, with its giant pink tower right in the middle :P

it's like DHL actually sent a guy with a paint roller up there to mock fedex.

In Canada DHL is pretty small office, there are few other FedEx offices too but the majority are well Canada Post

Good thing FedEx isn't in NZ...

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

that takes time, and until then they need to hand out rebates

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

That sucks. Fedex didn't got the memo that the entire tech industry is phasing out browser plugins in favor of HTML5 and CSS3. Are they too lazy to train their developers to learn modern web standards? Good luck with Flash exploits. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

44 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

somebody send fedex the linustech squarespace link

fedex server problem solved ??

And Fedex will get 10% off. ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I uninstalled flash like 2 years ago and never looked back.

Im a bit confused. I print from fedex all the time in chrome

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX