Colouring over parts of screen on laptop

Go to solution Solved by Doramius,

looks like a possible backlight issue.  Checkout laptopscreen.com and lookup your model laptop and see what the cost to replace it would be.  Also see if there are videos to help replace the screen and how easy it would be.  laptopscreen.com may even have links to a video to do it.

Hey, i turned on my laptop the other day and the screen had a yellow splodge at the edge of the screen. It seems to move around the edge of the screen. It has been like this for a few weeks and i have tried to calibrate the screen but nothing any help?InkedDSC_0001_LI.thumb.jpg.4340450b79aca0578d0aa6cc669d6816.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheUnknownGamer said:

Hey, i turned on my laptop the other day and the screen had a yellow splodge at the edge of the screen. It seems to move around the edge of the screen. It has been like this for a few weeks and i have tried to calibrate the screen but nothing any help?

Picture would be helpful

How old is the laptop and is it under warranty?  It's possible a section of the backlight has gone out.  A picture would be helpful, but it sounds much like a backlight issue.  

If under warranty, get it checked out.  If not under warranty, What model is the laptop?  You might want to check online and see if there are videos to help open the system and reseat the harness to the LCD and on the mainboard.  Next, you can search online for a replacement LCD at someplace like laptopscreen.com and get a replacement for your laptop.  

Hey, I have attached some photos of the issue. The laptop is under warranty however i need it constantly for the work i am currently doing. I can't afford to have it taken away to be fixed and hoped there would be an easy way to fix it. Its a Lenovo ideapad 510

looks like a possible backlight issue.  Checkout laptopscreen.com and lookup your model laptop and see what the cost to replace it would be.  Also see if there are videos to help replace the screen and how easy it would be.  laptopscreen.com may even have links to a video to do it.

Just now, Doramius said:

Ok thank you!