Ryzen 1700X + 3600mhz RAM matches i7 7700k in gaming!

Hi All,

Did you see newest info about gaming on Ryzen? With the inflow of the information about how RAM affects Ryzen performance some people were able to get Ryzen running with fast RAM. 

The effect on gaming performance is astonishing - the Ryzen 1700x was on par with intel i7 7700k! See below video for more info.

TL;DR

R7 110.5 Avg fps | 7700k 109.3 avg fps

Once i5 come Linus should do a full retest of all of them with a fast ram!

Important: we might be talking about pure gaming performance, but that's not a whole story. Not even talking about price (so different for different countries, configurations, taking in account whole build price or not, different cooling solutions etc.) or price/performance ratio this looks sooo promising for the i5 Ryzen processors like 1600X :)

It does look like Ryzen processors might be like a wine as someone mentioned in comments - it'll only get better with time :) No one should say now that Ryzen processors are shit for gaming!

Nice to see that. Has the BIOS been fixed already to get to the 3600MHz? Jay made a video of the ASUS board new BIOS and he got from 2933MHz to 3200MHz after the update. I guess that 3600MHz is still something that is fairly lucky to have on Ryzen at the moment.

Also, it was compared to i7 with RAM at 3200MHz and KabyLake benefits greatly from RAM speeds as well, so I would like to see the FPS improvements on 3600MHz with i7 too for better comparison.

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Nice to see that. Has the BIOS been fixed already to get to the 3600MHz? Jay made a video of the ASUS board new BIOS and he got from 2933MHz to 3200MHz after the update. I guess that 3600MHz is still something that is fairly lucky to have on Ryzen at the moment.

Also, it was compared to i7 with RAM at 3200MHz and KabyLake benefits greatly from RAM speeds as well, so I would like to see the FPS improvements on 3600MHz with i7 too for better comparison.

3600mhz is achieved by using bclk overcloking

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

OC3D explained, that it's actually not Ryzens fault, it's the fault of the Bios, not reading the profiles correctly and leaving some parts out. If you go in and set EVERYTHING up manually (with memory, that is a HUGE PITA, as those are probably around 15 or more different points you have to find out and put in correctly), it runs pretty much with every Ram you can get. We have been pretty spoiled the last few years...i remember back in the day, when DDR first came about we had to do the same thing to get maximum performance. CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS are just four things, out of many, many others. Clock divider, Comand Rate and so on are also extremely important with Ryzen...

Good news everyone...!

Sorry but blck overclocking for the memory? That's going to far too much trouble: if you want to just game buy a fucking 7700k and call it a day. If for some reason you do workstation loads the 1700x at it's price is already better than anything intel offers by a comfortable margin.

This feels just utterly pointless with AMD fans desperate to make it seem like their chip is good at everything including gaming, doesn't matters how fucking impractical is to get really expensive memory and put it through a really questionable overclock.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If you just want to game, and do nothing more, just buy a i5-7600K, FFs....

This feels utterly pointless, with Intel fans desperate to make it seem like their chips are any good at everything else besides gaming. Doesn't matter how insensible it is to get a really expensive Mainboard and then put an overclock to it, that will cook the chip. And then in 3 years, you'll have to upgrade anyway.

Good news everyone...!