Suggestions for a 27" monitor.

Myk3_Fury

I'm looking for a 27" monitor with a budget of 500.00. I do game quite a bit and I've been eyeing the ASUS MG278Q. But I've heard that IPS panels are superior to TN panels and that has me a bit leery.

Any suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Myk3_Fury said:

No text? 

I bought an ASUS monitor and it failed. Replaced and failed again. So no ASUS monitors for me. 

I've got a Dell 4K P2715Q and love it. They make nice monitors and have pretty good support. 

4 minutes ago, Myk3_Fury said:

I'm looking for a 27" monitor with a budget of 500.00. I do game quite a bit and I've been eyeing the ASUS MG278Q. But I've heard that IPS panels are superior to TN panels and that has me a bit leery.

Any suggestions?

TN panels suck big donkey deek :P

Crap viewing angles. IPS looks so much better. 

500 what? 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

500 what? 

500 USD

I have an MG278Q, I'm happy with the colours and viewing angles, but I can see the appeal of IPS. Get IPS if you have the spare cash. Or the S27-something-DG

That's an F in the profile pic

What will you be using it for?

For games like overwatch and counter strike I'd look at 1080p/1440p 144hz+ but for other things I'd get a 4k 60hz monitor.

Side note: if you're gaming and don't have a really powerful GPU setup 1440p 60hz is also a good option to save a few bucks.

About the TN vs IPS thing: If you sit if front of your computer you won't notice much and for gaming it's usually much cheaper to get high refresh rate TN panels, but if you're using it for a different purpose I'd get IPS (unless you're really bothered by IPS glow, which could be annoying if you watch a lot of videos and movies with dark scenes, but watching monitor reviews is always a good place to start)

Are you sure 27" is the right size for you?   It's way too big for me.  I have to turn my head to see the edges.  The last guy I warned didn't listen, and he said he wished he had.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Yes, the 27" is the perfect size. I have a 24" and wish it to be bigger but the 32" PB328Q that I am returning to Amazon is way too big.

I'm using an Amazon gift card so anything outside of Amazon isn't an option. I'll primarily use it for gaming and eventually I plan to get the PG279Q towards the end of this year.

Is 144hz refresh that great for gaming?