Looking for a 16:10 monitor gaming monitor but can't find any.

Ghork

Can anyone help me find a good 16:10 gaming monitor with a high refresh rate, currently i'm using 2 old Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW which are fine and all.

Recently one of my friends got an Asus PG278QR and i've been really impressed with the refresh rate.

However I simply can't detest using TV formating for computer use, 16:9 really lacks vertical space for general browsing/computer use, and for gaming If you do get a big one like the 27 inch Asus I mentioned above, the sides will be too far out. I am aware that for a long time because of consoles push on the gaming marked 16:9 tv formating has become more and more common, but back in the day you could always pay a little more to get a propper 16:10

These days though I can still find very good 16:10 monitors, but those are all work monitors with low refresh rates. So please help me out if you know a solution, or if any of you got any contacts in the hardware scene please let them know there's a demand for 16:10 monitors out there!!!!!!!!

16:10 is expensive, and most people do not use it anymore (I like 16:10 over 16:9) and there's low demand

1200p is the most you're going to get at a reasonable price (1920x1200)

my current secondary is still 1200p and 60hz, pretty good for gaming still (just wont overclock to 64hz or above)

if you need high refresh rates, you're going to have to go for 1080p

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I don't know a single person that actually wants 16:9 over 16:10 they only buy it cause it's cheaper and mass produced. So there should be some demand, like oyurself oyu preffer it as well. I don't mind 1200p at all, just really wanted to find a 144 refresh rate monitor, but I guess i'm doomed to forever running ~60hz as i'll never compromise on the formating =(

might have to look for 2560x1600. I like 16:10's too. can't stand 16:9's.

I don't think it really had anything to do with consoles as much as it was the lack of demand.

You can still get 16:10 monitors by paying a little more. That hasn't changed.

I don't think they've ever made a high refresh rate 16:10. Monoprice might come out with one. They had one at CES a couple of years ago. Might be worth keeping an eye out for.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, Ghork said:

I don't know a single person that actually wants 16:9 over 16:10 they only buy it cause it's cheaper and mass produced. So there should be some demand, like oyurself oyu preffer it as well. I don't mind 1200p at all, just really wanted to find a 144 refresh rate monitor, but I guess i'm doomed to forever running ~60hz as i'll never compromise on the formating =(

I may not want 16:9 over 16:10, however I don't care to buy specifically a 16:10 monitor because there's no difference having another ~100 vertical pixels. It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

30 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I may not want 16:9 over 16:10, however I don't care to buy specifically a 16:10 monitor because there's no difference having another ~100 vertical pixels. It doesn't affect me in the slightest.

Ye I know a few who don't really care and just want the best vallue for money, and since they started spewing them out (and i'm pretty sure it's coinciding with consoles) then those panels were cheaper and ofc you'd buy that If you don't care about the vertical pixels. But I do know a lot of people that do enjoy them for browsing as most sites are just wasted real estate on each side of the screen, as well as it beeing seeing more up and down in say RTS's, ARPG's ,Space Shooters etc

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

yes, there is a difference.  It's what you see and how it's displayed in front of you.